• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help With Paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Paint?

Hey guys, I just got a new paint job on a front bumper and hood. I was told that I need to buff it after a week. I have no clue where to go and since Open garage on wednsdays is on hold. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction and tell me what I need to properly buff a new paint job. Is a DA polisher with meguiars 83 good enough for the job or would I have to get a rotary buffer. Better yet, could someone with the proper tools help me with this in the orange county area? Thanks ahead of time.

Re: Help With Paint?

Originally posted by Sxhawnn View Post
    Hey guys, I just got a new paint job on a front bumper and hood. I was told that I need to buff it after a week. I have no clue where to go and since Open garage on wednsdays is on hold. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction and tell me what I need to properly buff a new paint job. Is a DA polisher with meguiars 83 good enough for the job or would I have to get a rotary buffer. Better yet, could someone with the proper tools help me with this in the orange county area? Thanks ahead of time.
    How the paint needs to be buffed, that is which products, procedures and tools for applying the products is determined by the condition of the new paint.

Is is flawless right now?
    Does it have "Orange Peel"

Open Garage will be starting again in April when the Sun, (something Meguiar's has no control over) and the time-zones are such that there is more sunlight longer during the day so that we're all not working in the dark.

(Just take a look ast some of the pictures in the threads in this forum and hopefully you'll get the picture, no pun intended ).

There's a class this coming weekend that's full, but if you bring your car by around 3:00pm when it's over we'll show you what to do.

How's that?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Help With Paint?

sounds good, thanks for the reply mike, I'll definitely head over to Open gaage once daylight savigns time begins.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');