• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My truck has issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My truck has issues....

I bought a velcro handle thingy that hooks onto microfiber pads at Walmart and it came with a microfiber pad, a terry pad, and a foam one. I was stupid and set the terry one aside for tire dressing without marking it and later grabbed it to use with Scratch-X on my paint. So now I have a nice set of scratches to go with the swirls. Luckily I realized it fairly quick but the scratches are nasty in the sunlight. I also have what seem to be fairly deep swirls all over my truck and the roof has some strange stuff going on.

So here`s the scratches from the terry.

The general swirl marks

I now have a pc and I`m trying to figure out the products that I`m going to need. Any help is really appreciated.
    1986 4Runner 4wd
    almost 200k miles
    the legacy lives on

Re: My truck has issues....

I looked up on my roof edge a few days ago and saw some little blue specks. So I grabbed a step ladder and this is what I found.

The white part is a large and deep gouge that I can`t do anything about.

You can`t feel the specks.
    1986 4Runner 4wd
    almost 200k miles
    the legacy lives on

Comment

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by CathyG View Post
        I looked up on my roof edge a few days ago and saw some little blue specks. So I grabbed a step ladder and this is what I found.

The white part is a large and deep gouge that I can`t do anything about.

You can`t feel the specks.

This looks like missing paint, the white areas are likely primer. If you work on this, only wash, clay and wax as any type of paint cleaner is going to remove more and more paint. (If that's what it is, i.e. missing paint)
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I notice that you have a 4 runner. I had a 88 model that was black just like yours. I loved that truck and wish I would have never sold it. I really miss taking the top off and cruising.

Comment

I think I will own a 1st gen 4Runner the rest of my life. They are amazing for just about anything and perfect for transporting dogs. Go take a look at T4R.org or yotatech to see some real 4Runner crazy people. My truck hit 199k yesterday.
            Last edited by CathyG; Mar 6, 2007, 03:43 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
            1986 4Runner 4wd
            almost 200k miles
            the legacy lives on

Comment

Originally posted by CathyG View Post
              My truck hit 199k yesterday.
              Congratulations!
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X