• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coin-Op foam gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coin-Op foam gun

Gilmour stuff is definately solid. You might try calling them and see what it costs direct, might be cheaper.

And you would apply the foam to a section of your car, a little on your sponge, then wash as usual. Do a couple panels, then rinse.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mayur View Post
      Ok I just went to home depot and they have one sprayer that has a foaming nozzle. It was an ortho sprayer that had the clear/white container. It is 1 gal. Cost was $19 + tax. I also looked at Wal-Mart, Target, and Menards. None of those stores have a sprayer with a foaming nozzle. I did not purchase the sprayer just yet but I might get it, test it out, see if I like it or not.
      I just went to their site and looked at it.
      That looks like it might be perfect for you. I would fill it with 2/3 gallons of solution. I didn't find the PSI rating for it anywhere on their site. Hopefully it's somewhere around 40 or greater.

If it's fairly solid then it will probably work out pretty well. I think Murr has the hose end Gilmour Foamer and as he said there stuff is pretty solid. Maybe he will do a review.

Comment

Yeah, I have the brass hose end (FoammasterI I believe). And many Quick Connects. The only think I dont like is their shut-offs, since the weight of the hose and gun puts a lot of pressure on the free-spinning part, and seems to leak. So I buy a solid one piece shut off.

But I like this pump idea, esp for apartment folks. I think they might make some kind of a back-pack powered model... that might be even more exciting.

As far as a review... hmm... It works. Nice foam, I use a little extra soap. Kind of still runs off a waxed car, but a lot easier to spray on the sponge, spray on car, sort of catch all the suds, and wash them around. Not like splashing soapy water on the car and watching it all run off if you're slow. You can fly around the car if you have two people.
        Last edited by Murr1525; Feb 27, 2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

After a little browsing, they actualy have quite a lot of different tanks, and pumps, etc at Gilmour.com. Shame they dont just list prices, one would have to call and see. But would be interesting to see what the best one would be for size, price, power, etc.

Comment

Hey one of the 2 Tru Value stores (14th and Penn. D.C.) near my clients office has pump sprayers made by a company called Green Thumb. They had a 1 gallon for $22 and a 2 gallon. I can't remember the 2 gallon price but it was around $30ish. They both use exactly the same foam tip I got from Jack's Small Engines. They also had a 3 gallon Gilmour that came with the foam tip.

Apparently gardeners like the foam because it is easier to see where they have already sprayed.

I have also seen some 4-5 gallon backpack sprayers from Solo, Northern Tools, and Gilmour. Northern Tools even has a cordless electric that delivers 50 PSI.

I had not thought about the speed thing Murr. That will be great this summer. At the condo where I live we have a community car wash area behind the physical plant. Often times a group of us will go together and help each other out. We can have one guy foaming, one guy washing, and one guy rinsing and moving buckets. It will work out great with the pump sprayer because we won't have to keep switching from hose-end foam gun to rinse nozzle. When I'm by myself though I will probably use the Hose-End foamer.

Regards

Comment

Ok I went to Lowes today. Saw the gilmour ones and the saw the same ortho/roundup one I saw at Home Depot. I guess it was my mistake, the ortho one is a 2 gal one. I may buy that one and test it out. It doesnt say anything about psi rating so I dont know how powerful it is. It looks like this, if anyone has this one please chime in. You gotta add the http://www. in front for it to work because links are not allowed on this forum.

roundup.com/index.cfm/event/ProductGuide.product/documentId/1f0599a0e7c8f7a03ac3ebb833d47639
              2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
              2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
              1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

Here is APC 40/1 through a $6.00 handheld pump sprayer. I modified it with a fine, round, screen from a cigar store, a piece of plastic folder, and a rubber band. Works pretty well. Sorry it's a .MOV.

http://www.hillclanfishing.com/car/apc_handspray.MOV

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');