• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more NXT tire cleaner foam + other Q's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more NXT tire cleaner foam + other Q's?

Hey everyone,

Getting together an order and noticed there is no longer an NXT Tire Cleaner Foam. I am buying a can of "NXT GENERATION INSANE SHINE TIRE COATING", but what do you use to CLEAN the tire - perhaps Hot Shine Tire Foam?

Also, first time buying a wheel cleaner. I have an '07 Mustang with premium painted cast aluminum wheels, is the Hot Rims Multi-Piece Wheel Wash a safe bet to clean them with?

Finally, if I could get a check on this on my step process...

1.) Wash
    2.) Clay bar
    3.) Deep crystal paint cleaner - to remove swirls
    4.) Show car glaze paint polish - to polish paint
    5.) Double coat of NXT liquid wax - wax...duh =p

I already have a few coats of wax on the car, but I'm assuming the paint cleaner will remove that, along with the swirls?

Thank you so much.

Re: No more NXT tire cleaner foam + other Q's?

FYI: I just this past weekend saw tons of the NXT Tire Cleaner as close out at BIG LOTS.....I think at $2.49 a can.
    Purdue Gear head

Comment

Yep, I bought a can yesterday there. They had a bunch.
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnaught View Post
        Hey everyone,

Getting together an order and noticed there is no longer an NXT Tire Cleaner Foam. I am buying a can of "NXT GENERATION INSANE SHINE TIRE COATING", but what do you use to CLEAN the tire - perhaps Hot Shine Tire Foam?

Also, first time buying a wheel cleaner. I have an '07 Mustang with premium painted cast aluminum wheels, is the Hot Rims Multi-Piece Wheel Wash a safe bet to clean them with?

Finally, if I could get a check on this on my step process...

1.) Wash
        2.) Clay bar
        3.) Deep crystal paint cleaner - to remove swirls
        4.) Show car glaze paint polish - to polish paint
        5.) Double coat of NXT liquid wax - wax...duh =p

I already have a few coats of wax on the car, but I'm assuming the paint cleaner will remove that, along with the swirls?

Thank you so much.
        Are you doing this work by hand?

If you are working by hand and would like to remove swirls you will have better luck with ScratchX in place of the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner. Here is another thread you might look over: How To Remove Swirls By Hand.

As for the tire cleaner, look where suggested above but if you are willing to get another product All Purpose Cleaner + is a great all around cleaner and can be diluted to the desired level use it on tires, floor matts, wheel wells, under the hood and the list goes on.

As for a wheel cleaner I prefer good old car wash soap and water, someone else will have to chime in on the specific cleaner you are talking about as I have never used it.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I love the Multi-Piece Wheel Wash, and definately get a jug of the APC or APC+.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just read the article, and yes all work will be done by hand. So, I will use my Scratch-X.

I will stick to just plain meg. soap and water for my wheels for now. If I get some serious build-up, I'll buy a specific cleaner.

Should I wax my wheels with NXT Liquid, I have heard of others doing this but and paranoid because it is a new car - the wheel specifics are posted above.

Thank you

Comment

but I'm assuming the paint cleaner will remove that, along with the swirls?

Hi Dreadnaught,

The paint cleaner will remove any wax on the surface, as for the swirls, well the way you remove a swirl or a scratch is to remove the paint around the swirl or scratch, depending upon how bad the swirls are and how hard the paint is, actually removing enough paint by hand off the entire car might take a little effort. As we say,

"You'll need to put a little passion behind the pad"

Best thing to do would be to try removing the swirls and scratches in a small area and inspecting your results to make sure you're getting the job done before going over the entire car.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes. Hot Rims Multip-Piece Wheel Wash is a our safest cleaner for washing any type of wheel.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');