• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9, #80, #82 or #83 which one do I use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #9, #80, #82 or #83 which one do I use

I have been reading a lot of the postings dealing with swirl remove, a DVD featuring Mike and a 60’s vette and the more I read the more I am confused on what product I need to do the job. Reading the product page for these Cleaner/Polishes that all are saying the same thing, at least they are to me.

My ride needs just a little TLC to remove swirl and etching and I am prepared to do the work. I have the pads and a PC 7424 on order but that was the easy part of this process. What is the difference between #9 & #82, they say they will do the same work but what is the difference? Except for the level of abrasive the same goes for #80 & #83.

What is on my finish can not be felt by hand only by the eye and then only in very bright light. This forum has come thru in the past and I am hoping that it will do so again.

HELP !

My ride after a wash, no wipe down with NXT no nothing

Swirl & eching ! ! !

More of the same
    ---
    Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Re: #9, #80, #82 or #83 which one do I use

If I'm not wrong, I remember the difference between #9 and #82 is that #9 is wetter which means you can work it for more time.
    #80 works pretty good and works effectively on swirls. however, if the swirls are deep, you might need #83.

which one to use? you never know until you start working in the car, But I guess that #80 will make the job with the pics you posted.

a product I'd recommend you to use is #66 quick detailer (cleaner wax). It's good at removing swirls too and will leave a pretty nice glossy finish

hope this helps
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Hi CV,

In my experience VW paint can be rock hard......so I'd be starting with #80 (the least aggresive 1st) and then if that doesn't do it step up to #83.

Remember to do a test section on which you finalise the products to be used then apply them to the entire car

Bryan

Comment

do what the bloke above me stated.

A TEST SPOT and you'll know right away.

Wash the entire car
        clay the entire car

Tape off section.
        M80
        NXT

inspect in the light

if you still see swirls then go.

M83
        NXT

then inspect.

sometimes with some colours, some of the guys say you'll need to pass M80 after M83 just to remove some light hazing. but M83 is more aggressive and should help you out.

Applying M80 Speed Glaze is also excellent for re-polishing show cars to bring them back up to show car status. M80 Speed Glaze perfectly prepares any paint for application of your choice of wax.

best of luck

Comment

The only dif from what truffle has said would be.......if you use #83 then it is usually necessary to go over it again with #80 to refine the finish i.e. remove any light hazing/marring that #83 can leave behind......this is normal practise

Bryan

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');