• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo backing plate problems??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo backing plate problems??

Is anyone having problems with thier Solo backing plate?

After about 4 cars with the Solo backing plate, the glue on mine is starting to release, and I have to take extra special care when changing pads now to avoid it coming apart completely. It's the glue that holds the foam to the backing plate that attaches to the rotary.

I'm going to order another one today. Hopefully I just got a bad one, and my new one won't act the same way.

Is this a common problem?

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Solo backing plate problems??

ive had the same problem with my solo backing plates ive gone thru two of them and am working on my third and its starting to release. i think the glue is a low temp glue and if im wrong im sorry, but i have the same problem with the da backing plate and pads.. i still use them everyday and i wont switch to anything else but i do hope meguiars fixes the problem. ive been happy with everything ive gotten from megs
    custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

Are we using it incorrectly? I really can't afford to be replacing the backing plate every 5-6 cars. That could get expensive over time.

Comment

My DA backing plate just gave up after minimal use. I had to order a new one which apparently didn't ship with the rest of my order.
        "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

I'll forward the link to this thread to Jason Rose, the guy behind the Solo System for his input.

Hang tight...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Though extensively tested and used for years in the car factories, the Solo global launch has kicked production of the W66 Solo Backing Plate into the next galaxy.

A production problem has not been confirmed. I appreciate that you have brought this to my attention. I will investigate immediately.

One thing is for sure, one of the reasons you buy Meguiar's is our guarantee and how we stand behind our products. If your W66 Backing Plate is failing after 4-5 cars, then that is completely an un-intentional result...completely not the experience we want you to have. Please do not buy more W66 Backing Plates, instead have them exchanged where you purchased the item.

Sorry you had this issue. I will find out what is going on and fix it.
              Jason Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Rose View Post
                Though extensively tested and used for years in the car factories, the Solo global launch has kicked production of the W66 Solo Backing Plate into the next galaxy.

A production problem has not been confirmed. I appreciate that you have brought this to my attention. I will investigate immediately.

One thing is for sure, one of the reasons you buy Meguiar's is our guarantee and how we stand behind our products. If your W66 Backing Plate is failing after 4-5 cars, then that is completely an un-intentional result...completely not the experience we want you to have. Please do not buy more W66 Backing Plates, instead have them exchanged where you purchased the item.

Jason Rose

Thanks for the help! I love Meguiar's customer service

Comment

If you haven't exchanged the backing plate yet please give me a call at the number below. I will arrange for a replacement to be sent out. I would like to have your backing plate sent back to us for further evalution.

Regards,

Tom Mac Donald
                  Meguiar's Inc
                  800-854-8073 ext. 117

Comment

Now thts what i call service.

Comment

One thing is for sure, one of the reasons you buy Meguiar's is our guarantee and how we stand behind our products.
                      Ding ding ding. I have only had one problem, and with no questions the product was exchanged, Solo polishing pad. :I love meguiars:
                      Schotography

Comment

should i buy one of these or hold off till this is fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by DieselMDX View Post
                          I think they fixed the issue because I have one and have had zero problems. That or it may have just been a bad batch/fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselMDX View Post
                            if it doesnt break... then you get to enjoy the benefits of it.....if it breaks.... you get a replacement..... and then you get to use it again.....

so in the end you still get the benefits of it.... might as well buy it if you want it....

Comment

Jason Rose
                              SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');