• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9 vs # 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #9 vs # 80

I read that a lot of people love to use #80 with there PC and I am thinking about getting some with my next order, I was wondering how it compares to #9. One of my favorite combos right now is #9 followed up by NXT or Gold class. From the product bottle it looks like #80 is a 4 on the aggressive scale while #9 is 3. Anyone have any experience with both products? Thanks,

Scott

Re: #9 vs # 80

#9 was my first polishing step for years. I would rarely need anything stronger or need to follow it with anything before my LSP. Occasionally I would use #83 for serious problems, but that didn't happen very often.

Then.... I did a black Saturn Vue with some major marring for a friend and I used #80. I didn't think the #9 would be strong emough and I was afraid the #83 might be too abrasive for the entire vehicle.
    The #80 with a Meguiar's polishing pad and a PC at speed 5 did a great job. It still takes some time to do any correction with the PC, but it removed the flaws and left the finish ready for an LSP. In this instance, I used NXT and gave the bottle to my friend in the hopes he might use it once in a while.

Since learning how to use the #80, my #9 is history and I haven't needed to use anything more abrasive to prep for my LSP.

I think once you use the #80, you will be through with #9.

Charles
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');