• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish with PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish with PC

For removing swirls and marks using PC, do I have to wipe off after every section or just wait until finsihing the whole car like waxing?
    Thanks for any inputs

Re: Polish with PC

I like to do each section so I can see if I need to do it again. If you do the entire car at one time, you may find out that you didnt remove all of the swirls when you go to take the haze off.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

hi there,

when you're using the PC and applying paint cleaners, these do not have to dry.

you can apply panel by panel and then just wipe off using a quality MF.

Only work a small area at a time

This will vary according to the shape, curve or body line of the panel you are polishing but for example on a large flat panel, you want to stay around a 12" to 18" squared area. The point being, don't try to work to large of an area all at once or you won't remove the defects equally everywhere.

its best when removing swirls to go panel by panel and then wipe off your product. this way you can see how the results are turning out.

sometimes, some panels are worse than others and may need two or three passes.

and if you let the cleaners dry, sometimes it can become even harder to remove.

When applying Wax, that is where you do the swipe test.

i have included a few links below for your reading enjoyment that should help yo u out.

but remember, it all starts with a GOOD WASH done PROPERLY!!!

How To Remove Swirls By Hand
      How To Wash Your Car using the Two Bucket
      Method

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
      How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test

hope this helps.

POST SOME PICS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tandoc View Post
        For removing swirls and marks using PC, do I have to wipe off after every section or just wait until finsihing the whole car like waxing?
        Thanks for any inputs
        Check this thread out...

Which products need to dry before removing?

It should answer all your questions.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you all for your advice. The reason I asked because I read one of Mike's post of 99 corvette in this link http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218. The picture shows the car was cover with M80 and he was going to use the terry towels to wipe it off . Maybe I misunderstood
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');