• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M83 or ScratchX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M83 or ScratchX??

Just wondering what you guys think to be a better product at removing fine swirls and scratches. What product is more aggressive? I want to make sure that I am using meguiars method of least aggressive product first.

So if 80 doesn't work to get the scratches out should I then go to 83 or scratchX.

I am doing all the work with a DA and I have the new version of scratchX than can be applied with a DA.

Thanks for the input.
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Re: M83 or ScratchX??

i'd go with M83.

i'd still stick with using scratch-x by hand. it says on the bottle and yes it is MEGS saying it but i thought someone was saying how it turns gummy with the DA or something like that.

Comment

I seem to like the way 83 works better as well and to me it seems as if scratchX has a very limited work time.

I guess why I was confused with this is because I was wondering if there were any benefits of scratchX over 83 or is it just simply that its in the consumer line and easier to get ahold of?
      Dynamic Detailing

Comment

I would use #83. That stuff just works.
        Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

scratch-x is a good product. you can always find it at any local candian tire, wal mart so that is a bonus.

with M83 depending on where you live its very hard to find. that's the negative.

both work really well.

M83 is awesome with a G-100 and that's a bonus.
          Scratch-X is more so for hand. negative because it may take a lot longer.

Comment

So if i've got 83 and a DA it's definitely the better way to go. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the advice, I guess I didn't really need to go buy that tube of scratchX then. Oh well, it'll just help add to my arsenal.
            Dynamic Detailing

Comment

like i said, i'd go with M83. you can use a PC and you'll achieve better results. just take YOUR TIME doing it.

50% overlap and SLOW arm speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jarred767 View Post
                So if i've got 83 and a DA it's definitely the better way to go. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the advice, I guess I didn't really need to go buy that tube of scratchX then. Oh well, it'll just help add to my arsenal.
                If I knew all of what I have learned about the Meguair line - professional versus consumer - I'd have less product in my drawer. With respect to scratch X, the way I have rationalized it is that I can use it for small tasks that don't require the DA and #83. In fact, that's how I've kinda rationalized the other Meguairs purchases. Heh...
                2007 Toyota Yaris
                2001 Volvo S60 T5
                1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

This is very helpful for me... But what Im curious of is if I can use a rotary with 2000rpm with a wool with an M83? I just got a free rotary with wool bonnet and I dont have any idea. An information is highly appreciated... =)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');