• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the deal with the MEDALION wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the deal with the MEDALION wax

I was in a mom and pop auto store today and came across a blast from the past. A bottle of the medalion wax and a bottle of the medalion leather treatment. I know they have been discountiued but I was curious has anyone used them in the past? They were a top of the line wax if I am not mistaken. How were your results using this product. Any other thoughts about it. It was kind of cool seeing them on the shelf it was kind of like a "wax" museum. Not cheap though, the dusty price tag read "20.99". Any thoghts appriciated. Thanks Rich

Re: Whats the deal with the MEDALION wax

MPPP is an excellent wax with high gloss, great depth of shine and anti-static properties! The MPPC paint cleaner is excellent and if they have some I would buy it!

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I'd worry about the age of them. Especially at full price. But they are nice products. As RamAir said, the MPPC is an excellent cleaner for hand use.

Their leather product is nice, sort of like the Gold Class stuff.
      1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
      2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
      1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40 View Post
        I'd worry about the age of them. Especially at full price. But they are nice products. As RamAir said, the MPPC is an excellent cleaner for hand use.

Their leather product is nice, sort of like the Gold Class stuff.
        That's a good point! I would make sure the seal is not broken and that it is a newer bottle, with the scalloped sides. And since it is a discontinued product, it really should be on sale. Why haven't we seen any at Big Lots?

RamAirV1
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I still have like 6 bottles of MPPP and 3 bottles of MPPC that I got from the Katrina relief. MPPP is good stuff, makes the paint look great and the durability is very good as well. I would always buy more of the MPPC as it's probably the strongest paint cleaner I've used. That stuff works like a charm on tar, too bad you can't find another paint cleaner like that anymore.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
            I still have like 6 bottles of MPPP and 3 bottles of MPPC that I got from the Katrina relief. MPPP is good stuff, makes the paint look great and the durability is very good as well. I would always buy more of the MPPC as it's probably the strongest paint cleaner I've used. That stuff works like a charm on tar, too bad you can't find another paint cleaner like that anymore.

Tom
            You've got more than I do! LOL!

I'll second that on the MPPC. I much prefer it to ScratchX. I have used MPPC with great success where ScratchX has failed, epsecially on bird dropping etchings!

RamAirV1
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
              You've got more than I do! LOL!

I'll second that on the MPPC. I much prefer it to ScratchX. I have used MPPC with great success where ScratchX has failed, epsecially on bird dropping etchings!

RamAirV1

RamAir,

I agree about MPPC, in fact I used it exclusively for the last decade, now I am down to a half bottle and looking for the closest equivalent. How would you compare MPPC to #80 and #83?

Matt

Comment

well, comparing MPPC to 80 or 83, I believe this is true, but could be wrong. MPPC is strictly a solvent based cleaner and a good one at that with no abrasives, it's great for removing surface contaminates but won't touch marring or scratches. 80 and 83 on the other hand are polishes with abrasives that are good for marring and scratches but are not as strong chemically as MPPC for removing tar and such.

Tom

Comment

Well, I think you guys talked me into it. The last time I was at my suppliers they had a few on the shelves. I just might have to pick some up to try.
                  Scott

Comment

well, comparing MPPC to 80 or 83, I believe this is true, but could be wrong. MPPC is strictly a solvent based cleaner and a good one at that with no abrasives, it's great for removing surface contaminates but won't touch marring or scratches. 80 and 83 on the other hand are polishes with abrasives that are good for marring and scratches but are not as strong chemically as MPPC for removing tar and such.

Tom
                    Tom,

This definately makes sense, I recently tried out DC#1 for the first time, which is all chemical based and found it to be similar to MPPC, thouch much milder. The MPPC was awesome at removing tar and what not.

By the way, I have found NXT to work much better then MPPP did, it seems to leave a much deeper, more carnuaba like finish. I haven't tried #21 yet, but it sounds like #21 will be even better.

Comment

MPPC does have diminishing abrasives in it. It is more aggressive than #80 but less so than #83. It works great with the PC. It is not as finnicky as #83MPPC does not have much in the way of polishing oils so it won't leave a deep gloss like #80.

If MPPC didn't have diminishing abrasives, it would not work nearly as well as it did in removing etch marks from bird droppings. These were marks etched into the paint. It can remove light to moderate swilrs too. IMHO much better than ScratchX.

RamAirV1
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I'd guess for an MPPC replacement, maybe Body Scrub or #1, or maybe even Color-X. But really there's nothing like it. MPPP is a nice product for sure, but there are other nice products like it. There's not really anything like MPPC though. When you need it, you really need it.
                        1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

if anyone is interested in it I found some mppc, but i dont know if you can get it or not. Any UK people should be able to. Just thought i'd let ya know. http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/stor...roducts_id=868

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
                            MPPC does have diminishing abrasives in it. It is more aggressive than #80 but less so than #83. It works great with the PC. It is not as finnicky as #83MPPC does not have much in the way of polishing oils so it won't leave a deep gloss like #80.

If MPPC didn't have diminishing abrasives, it would not work nearly as well as it did in removing etch marks from bird droppings. These were marks etched into the paint. It can remove light to moderate swilrs too. IMHO much better than ScratchX.

RamAirV1
                            MPPC is more agressive than 80? I didn't know that... I just thought it worked so well because it was such a strong cleaner. I've never tried to get swirls out with is as I've turned to a polish for that.

See you in Indy next week!

Tom

Comment

MPPC is more agressive than 80? I didn't know that... I just thought it worked so well because it was such a strong cleaner. I've never tried to get swirls out with is as I've turned to a polish for that.

See you in Indy next week!

Tom
                              See you there! I hope more people sign up. It's early though. The thread has gone a little quiet.

RamAirV1
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');