• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

I posted part of this in my 1st post intro thread but saw it may be better suited here:

Ok I have been browsing the sight and I am amazed by the great cars and people. I'll give a brief intro. I'm 36 and I was married at 20. I have always loved nice cars but I never really had one. I always made sure my wife had a nice car for the kids to get around in. I am now single and i gave my wife our 2001 Tahoe. After a year I finally got my butt out of some depression and bought myself a 2003 Tahoe. I really like them. It is in great shape. I did a 2" 4" drop with spindels and put Kruz 20" rims with goodyear tires. There's not a ding on it. It never had more than 2 people in it ever. I have never had a dark colored car and it has very light swirls. I always have used Meguiars products before but I have never did a proper detail like the ones I have seen here. I went out and bought the NXT tech wax, Hot shine tire spray, and interior quick wipes. I would like to do a proper detail from step 1. Can some of you help me with a step by step detail? I have seen things like clay etc... and I want to do it right. Thanks for the help and i will provide step by step pictures.

Re: Newbie here

You might want to order the How To Get Show Car Results Using a PC DVD by Mike Philips and Richard Lin. It can be ordered from autodetailingsolutions.com or showcargarage.com.

Until then, here is some more basic reading for you...

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
    02 Ford F250 Super Duty
    International T444E 7.3L Diesel
    Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
    Straight Piped
    PHP FU chip

Comment

Thank you for the great links. BTW. I see your in Riverside. I was born there at the air Force base.

Charlie

Comment

Yeah those links are floating around alot of threads so i just copied and pasted another persons post. haha. Anyway no prob dude. Wow weird. Theres not much here in riverside. Besides smog. Good luck with the car and dont be afraid to ask any more ?'s.
        02 Ford F250 Super Duty
        International T444E 7.3L Diesel
        Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
        Straight Piped
        PHP FU chip

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');