• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

125mm Random Orbital Sander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 125mm Random Orbital Sander

I am looking at buying a cheap sander to do buffing on my car and I have found this.

Oops! That page cannot be found... 404 Page Not Found We're very sorry but it seems the page you are looking for does not exist.Please return to our home page a...

Just wondering if this would do the job at all or would I need to spend more money on a larger/bigger one.

Also would the meguiar pads fit on this one.

I live in Australia so can't get Portercable or Meguiar buffer but if this one is to small might buy this one which is popular here for buffing.

Oops! That page cannot be found... 404 Page Not Found We're very sorry but it seems the page you are looking for does not exist.Please return to our home page a...

Re: 125mm Random Orbital Sander

G'day mate, the 1st product pictured will do the job, and take megs 6inch pads, the second is a rotary buffer and hence not suitable for beginners. I have been using the Ryobi ERO750VK for 18 months and it is very good machine, fits megs pads, variable speed, i reccomend speed C for PC speeds 4-5, and speed D for removing wax.

You can view it at www.ryobi.com.au, sorry cant attach as it is flash driven site, and i got mine from bunnings for $90-$100.

Good Luck, Let us know if you need any further help.
    It will never be clean enough!

Comment

On the meguiar website they just show 8inch pads, so do they sell the 6inch aswell here in australia.

Yeah I went to bunnings today and saw few small ones but didn't have much time to find the large ones,

The small ones I think they had Ryobi, Makita and GM.

Also would scratchX do the job with the buffer for removing swirls and light scratches seing as thats easy to get oor would Speed Glaze be worth it but only problem is like 1hr drive to a detail store which has speed glaze here in melbourne but might give autobahn another try to see if I notice any stuff I didn't when first looking at meguiar products.
      Last edited by kastanaras; Mar 19, 2007, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Yes they do sell the 8006, and megs aus website shows this. The current vesrion of scratchX we have in australia is not recommended to use by buffer, however the new formula will be. I would definately recommend buying the Speed Glaze#80 you will not regret it one of the most versatile products around, dont worry about the other 9006/7006 pads. Unless you can get a microfibre bonnet...7006 is useless, and i think you can do just as good a job, if not better by hand when applying wax.

Hope that helps

Dom
        It will never be clean enough!

Comment

Yeah going to get autobahn to order in Speed Glaze and 8006 pads.

Also going to get the Bosh270(can't remember rest of code)

Wondering if I have a 2006 Black Lancer with few swirl marks, mostly done by panel beaters. What sort of finish will I get with this using random orbital with #80 and 8006 pad.

Also same pad, #80 and random orbital will I get with a 1996 Dark Blue Mercedes C-200. The Merc I have done paint cleaner twice in last few months and I do a polish and wax once a month. The paint is smooth as glass and looks great in shade but when you put it in the sun you notice just million of scratches on it, like swirl but just million lines going one direction.

So how well will speed glaze with orbital work on a car like that and would it remove any of the light scracthes or would #83 be worth buying just to be safe.

Once I find out what products I can get I will post some pics in a new thread and give everyone all the details on the cars, pics and stuff I have and can get.

Comment

U might wanna get this Bosch GEX 270AE variable speed (7500 - 12000 OPM).

Check out this links:
            http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ghlight=zeytee

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17036

Comment

Hi guys,

I too am looking at buying a Makita Bo5021kx1 .

I would like to get some professional feedback on the versatility of this random orbital .

Otherwise if you think the Ryobi ERO750vk is a better choice i will go for the Ryobi.

i have ordered the 7" pads from the US. will these pads suit both of these units?

thank you for your assistance
              Martin Sifredi
              Concours Automobile Presentation

Comment

I just bought a Ryobi ERO 750vk Random Orbital Sander/polisher. I purchased the Meguiars soft buff pads.
                I have MANY swirl marks and light scratches on the red duco of my 2002 Mazda 323 Astina SP20. I used Meguiars Mirror Galze FINE CUT CELANER. I found after using this priduct with the Megs 7" 2.0 suft buff CUTTING PAD. I was still left with some deeper swirl and light scratches. I really do need some advice on the use of the orbital machines and recomendations on using other products to "cut" out the swirls and scratches still left behind !

Your professional advice and recommendations are highly valued ,

thank you,

Marti
                Martin Sifredi
                Concours Automobile Presentation

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');