• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro fiber towel pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro fiber towel pricing

Have any one bought micro fiber towels at Costco? I wonder if it is any good since it is so cheap ($12 for 24)= > 50 cents each
    Thanks

Re: Micro fiber towel pricing

you don't gotta worry so much about the price but more so about the quality.

i've read of someone finding wood chips in them or something along those lines.

i'm sure they'd be good enough for underbody. but i'd never let them touch my paint's finish.

only Megs and a few others are for that only.

Comment

At my Costco, the one in Poway, they are $8.49 for 24...are you thinking of the terry cloth ones???

Back to the towels, I have about 150 of them, they're great for dirty jobs, I personaly don't use them on the paint, I prefer the Meguiars Supreme Shines for that. I use the Costco ones on the Interior, Door Jambs, Rims, Wheel Wells and other "dirtier" areas that aren't so sensitive to scratching, like the paint.

Hope this helps!!
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

TrufflePig beat me to it

Comment

no Costco has 20 pack of MF's. they're yellow. not same yellow as Megs. but that's another reason why i don't want to get them, just in case by accident i mix them up.

not worth it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig View Post
            no Costco has 20 pack of MF's. they're yellow. not same yellow as Megs. but that's another reason why i don't want to get them, just in case by accident i mix them up.

not worth it to me.
            That's really weird...the two Costco's I normally go to used to have the 20 packs and now they are 24 packs, but I have been to other Costco's that still have the 20 packs....really weird...

Comment

I have enough Meg's towels right now but just in case for replacement. Thank you guys

Comment

I dont have to many towels builts up yet.. I have 5 Ultra plush megs towels and 3 Megs MF's.

I have around 6 or so Walmart MF's from the house hold section and use those on the inside and such.

I also have 4 water magnets.

You all must really drop the $$ into those towels. They are $3 a piece around here so I buy a few everytime I go...Which isnt that often.
                Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I have about 8-10 of those cheapy ones and definitely only use them on NON-paint surfaces. I have 2 meg's supreme shine microfibers, 4 Chemical Guys microfibers(ammmmmazzzingly plush towels), and 2 chemical guys waffle weave drying towels.. but ya stick with brands you hear around here for sure.
                  02 Ford F250 Super Duty
                  International T444E 7.3L Diesel
                  Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
                  Straight Piped
                  PHP FU chip

Comment

hey were out of supreme shine when i ordered from autogeek, so i got the 6-pack of Cobra MF -mango breeze they are called.
                    Are these ok? I have got one supreme shine and it rocks.. but for $30 a pop, they are a bit expensice to stock up in my cabinet..

Also got the microfibre/chenille wash mitt from Cobra, as they did not have Megs MF mitt..
                    Are these products safe?
                    Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                    Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                    00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Originally posted by Joenok View Post
                      ...I have got one supreme shine and it rocks.. but for $30 a pop, they are a bit expensice to stock up in my cabinet.....
                      You can get 3-packs of Supreme Shine microfiber towels at bettercarcare.com for US$9.99. They ship to Norway.

Their site says they're out of stock right now but you can email Lynn to find out when she'll be getting more.

PC.

Comment

Thanks, after i ordered i saw that site. might shop from there the next time around.
                        But what are the Cobra products like?
                        I like the stuff that says Meguiars on it...
                        Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                        Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                        00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');