• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Defect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Defect?

I just picked up a fairly new car about a month ago (it was an '06 demo) and was going over the hood with DC1 Paint Cleaner. I was noticing that near the top of the hood, but actually on the fender, there was approximately a two inch long line of small bubbles or ripples in the finish. These can be felt when running my finger over them. Beyond three feet away, they can not be seen. I don't know if it is just in the clear coat or underneath. The ripples are the same color as the rest of the body. Do you think this would require repainting or is there a product (or several) that I could try to take this out with? I hope that it wasn't the paint cleaner. I don't know how it could have been because I didn't even let it sit on for very long at all. Any help would be appreciated; this is my first time on this forum!

Re: Paint Defect?

first of all . this sounds like it could be a factory defect in the clear coat. You might be able to "buff" it out using a electric polisher. I am not an expert in this field but someone else will help you soon. but make sure you put up pics!

Comment

I found something like that on my roof. It wasnt in a line, but there were a few little raised spots. Its been like that since new and 3yrs later its ok.
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

So I'm assuming you were able to take those spots out; what did you do?

Comment

P.S. I will post pictures later on tonight when I get a chance.

Comment

I don't know what it was, but ScratchX took it out. I found several more small spots like that around the car. That stuff is amazing. They are all gone now!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');