• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about cleaner wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about cleaner wax?

I was thinking of buying some cleaner wax just in case i dont have enough time to the full clean, polish and wax deal. what do you guys think about cleaner wax? how does it compare to the other meguiars waxes? And does it fully replace the need to do the whole 3 step posses, and does it do as good of a job like the 3 step prosses?

Re: What do you guys think about cleaner wax?

An all-in-one product will not do as good of a job as doing seperate speacialized products for each step.

That said, I really like ColorX, and exacctly for the reason you said. It lets me do a quick detail more often, esp by hand. I like to top it with #21 to get the recomended 2 coats of wax, but either way, it is a time saver.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

colorx =

Comment

colorx hu? well ive never tried it, do you like it better then cleaner wax?

Comment

Originally posted by Thejoyofdriving View Post
          colorx hu? well ive never tried it, do you like it better then cleaner wax?
          Color X is a cleaner wax. It's a little stronger than the consumer cleaner wax. I am not 100% sure but the cleaner wax family from least aggressive to most is... consumer, #6, color X then #66. Hopefully someone will jump in and correct me if I am wrong.
          Scott

Comment

Well, it is a cleaner/wax... There is the marroon bottled Cleaner/Wax, and then there is ColorX. Plus #6 and #66 in the Professional Line are also cleaner/waxes.

Ugh.. beat me to it... but yes, that order also sounds about right.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Man, now i really dont know what to get. I want the best money can buy, which one do you think would give the best protection, shine/gloss, and cleaning ability for a silver bmw? Also what do you mean by "aggressive"?

Comment

Man, now i really dont know what to get. I want the best money can buy, which one do you think would give the best protection, shine/gloss, and cleaning ability for a silver bmw? Also what do you mean by "aggressive"?
                oops, dbl post...

Comment

#66 is the most economical choice at around $25 a gallon (the most aggressive cleaner wax as well), but is a little much if you are only using it for personal use (if you're doing cars on the side this would be a good option, but remember.. ALL the cleaner waxes have their places). i've had excellent results with colorx and topping it with nxt, #21, etc.. will give it even more durable protection. here's an excellent example of what colorx will do, if used correctly as demonstrated by mike... http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...ghlight=bronco

Comment

I have both the cleaner wax and Color X and prefer Color X. It's very easy to use, gives a great shine and decent durability. I have topped it with NXT but on white or silver, I can't even see NXT is there, Color X looks good by it self.

Comment

I have never tried the colorx. However when my wife had a silver cts I would regulary use cleaner wax followed by #21 to give me the 2 coats megs suggests we use. The car was very reflective had high gloss and clarity. She was very happy.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');