• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl remover for consumer products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl remover for consumer products?

Hey guys, i was just wondering what products in the consumer line should i use for removing swirl marks, i use the scratch-x but i was wonder what to use with a buffer? i currently yous the clay bar, scratch-x, the deep crystal polish, then top that off with your NXT wax.....can the scratch x be useed with a buffer? and for oxidation, would the colorx be suggested to use? does that remove swirls too? thanks -Justin

Re: Swirl remover for consumer products?

ScratchX has been reformulated to be used with a dual action polisher, look at the front label and you should see a yellowish/gold starburst stating the product has been reformulated.

What are you working on?

What kind of buffer are you working with?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

sorry for the late reply....i am working on a 2001 RED camaro Z28...i have recently recieved my PC....i will be using the proffesional line of products..

1. what products should i buy to remove swirls on my color paint
      (can they be used on any color?)

2. which pads to use with which products
      (does it matter if they are meg. pads, or can they be the lake country pads?)

3. which speed settings to use?

THANKS GUYS SO MUCH! i am really getting into detailing lately, and have been building up clientell, but i really need to get good at buffing! need to practice practice pracitce on my car haha

Comment

Originally posted by cooper01Z28 View Post
        sorry for the late reply....i am working on a 2001 RED camaro Z28...i have recently recieved my PC....i will be using the proffesional line of products..

1. what products should i buy to remove swirls on my color paint
        (can they be used on any color?)
        Well if you're talking about consumer products which I'm assuming you are from the thread title, then you're going to have to go after either Scratch-X or DC1.

DC1 (deep crystal 1) is for very fine swirls and scratches.

Scratch-X will probably be a better bet though if they're much worse than fine and or light swirls. And as Mike posted above, the new forumlated Scratch-X can be used with the PC G-100.

Yes the products can be used on any colour car.

2. which pads to use with which products
        (does it matter if they are meg. pads, or can they be the lake country pads?)
        Purple Pad #7006 - This is only used to remove wax with a bonnet.
        Yellow Pad #W8006 - For paint cleaners and cleaner/polishes #80 #83 #9
        Tan Pad #W9006 - For Polishes, and waxes. #3 #7 GC Wax NXT Wax

Which pads and how many to buy.

3 -8006
        2 -9006
        1 -7006

For more product use and which pad click the below link.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2524

REmemer, ONE PAD PER PRODUCT. do NOT cross contaminate pads with different product.

no they can be Lake Country pads if you wish. White, Yellow and Orange, Black pads.

3. which speed settings to use?

THANKS GUYS SO MUCH! i am really getting into detailing lately, and have been building up clientell, but i really need to get good at buffing! need to practice practice pracitce on my car haha
        See where i answered number 2 for the answer to number 3.

all the best.

PICS PLEASE!!!

Comment

Here is a link posted by Mr Mike Phillips. Add it to your Favorites

Product, Pad and Speed settings for the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig View Post
            Well if you're talking about consumer products which I'm assuming you are from the thread title, then you're going to have to go after either Scratch-X or DC1.

DC1 (deep crystal 1) is for very fine swirls and scratches.

Scratch-X will probably be a better bet though if they're much worse than fine and or light swirls. And as Mike posted above, the new forumlated Scratch-X can be used with the PC G-100.

Yes the products can be used on any colour car.

Purple Pad #7006 - This is only used to remove wax with a bonnet.
            Yellow Pad #W8006 - For paint cleaners and cleaner/polishes #80 #83 #9
            Tan Pad #W9006 - For Polishes, and waxes. #3 #7 GC Wax NXT Wax

Which pads and how many to buy.

3 -8006
            2 -9006
            1 -7006

For more product use and which pad click the below link.

REmemer, ONE PAD PER PRODUCT. do NOT cross contaminate pads with different product.

no they can be Lake Country pads if you wish. White, Yellow and Orange, Black pads.

See where i answered number 2 for the answer to number 3.

all the best.

PICS PLEASE!!!
            wow, thanks for all the info! im ordering the supplies tonight, i will detail the car the day i get the products and submit pictures....
            here is the car is it is now........

(both were taken after using megs. gold class paste wax) The paint doesnt look bad in these pictures because i had my boss buff my car for me, but he used a filler type polish and scratches showed up after a few washes! ill get pics once i buff it!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');