• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wary of using Color-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wary of using Color-X

The weekend is finally going to be warm, so on the advice of everyone here, I bought clay, Color-x and NXT for my new Lucerne, but after reading more and more about Color-x, it seems it is used for cleaning oxidized finishes.
    Working on an extreme makeover? Show it off/seek advice here. We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

What will Color-x do to my non-oxidized and perfect clear coat?

Thanks.
    2006 Black Buick Lucerne (MY LAST BLACK VEHICLE)
    2000 Silver Buick LeSabre
    1977 White/Black Triumph TR-7

Re: Wary of using Color-X

You can certainly use it on your new car. The intent of Color-X is to "boost your paint color." It is a multi-purpose cleaner, polish, wax combo. Some colors look amazing after you use Color-X, but most people still apply a different wax on top. It will remove fine swirls and scratches if there are any, and I think Mike said it is comparable to Meguairs Cleaner Wax. I know it works great, thats why I always have some on hand.
    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

It also depends on how passionately you work it in. If your car is in good shape, you wont need as much passion behind the pad, but still work it in a bit.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post

but after reading more and more about Color-x, it seems it is used for cleaning oxidized finishes.

Working on an extreme makeover? Show it off/seek advice here. We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

What will Color-x do to my non-oxidized and perfect clear coat?

Thanks.
        It will clean the surface and prepare it for the next application of wax while leaving some wax behind.

Take a moment to shake up our bottle of ColorX and then pour some out into your hand and then feel it with your fingersl... you'll find it's smooth and creamy...

"Yes" it is a strong cleaner/wax but remember that part of how strong any product is includes your application material and method, If you apply ColorX gently, you get a gentle cleaning action, if you put some passion behind the pad you'll get some aggressive cleaning action.

Make sense?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

There is definatly no reason not to use color-X. If your clear coat is perfect however you could just skip it and go with two coats of NXT!
          Danny Jensen, Detail Lab

Comment

Thanks guys. I will give it a light application with the color-x and two coats of NXT. Supposed to be a nice weekend, and then rain on Monday. Isn't that the way it is?
            2006 Black Buick Lucerne (MY LAST BLACK VEHICLE)
            2000 Silver Buick LeSabre
            1977 White/Black Triumph TR-7

Comment

I've heard that using Color-X and NXT wax afterwards is a bad combo. Is this just a rumor or is there any truth behind it?

Comment

Definitely a bad rumor, ColorX and NXT will work great together.

PC.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I think I'll give it a try next week then.

Comment

You can top ColorX with any of the waxes really. But Nxt is a very popular choice.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by GINA View Post
                      I've heard that using Color-X and NXT wax afterwards is a bad combo. Is this just a rumor or is there any truth behind it?
                      Never ever read this anywhere?

Where did you hear this or read this? Can you post a link?

Don't pay any attention to it, both these products work phenomenal.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's where I originally read the whole idea: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3118663

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');