• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To get a rid off this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To get a rid off this..

This is my car, Nissan XTrail 2004 because of rainy season my car looks like this..

How to totally eliminate this severe water marks and scratchs? I use Bosch GEX 270 AE with W8006 pad and #80. But it doesnt make extreme changes.. i use speed 2 on my Bosch. Any suggestion?

oya,in the paint if it look very close there is some microscopic holes in it. how to eliminate those holes?

Re: How To get a rid off this..

First you need to clay bar the surface so that you get all of the old chemicals off. Secondly you might need to step up the product that your using. If #80 isnt cutting it, you could try #83, or even the new scratch-X that can be used with a DA. Do a few test spots with a few different methods and then take a good look at it under the sun. Make some taped off squares and try this out;

One spot just a few passes with #80
    Another with ScratchX with your polisher followed by #80
    Another with ScratchX by hand followed by #80 with your polisher
    And another with #83 followed by #80 with your polisher

Sometimes getting out etched water spots is hard work. When it comes to the holes, most likely those are pinholes in the paint cause by painting at the wrong temperature. If so, the only fix is a repaint.
    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

hmm.. i use #80 for 3 passes but some watermarks is still remain. maybe i should try #83. yup,it like a pinhole in all off my hood. but it is the original paint. can i use W8006 with #83?

and anyone know how to get off wax from newly waxed car?

Comment

Well, if #80 didn't do it for you, then #83 is the next step. Make sure you are working it enough, it will become somewhat hazy and look like a coat of wax, that is when its time to remove it and see the results, then reapply if needed.

Yes the 8006 pas is what you need to use for #83 on this machine.

Are you takling about dried wax residue after applying it or just the old wax on the paint?

For dried wax you should use a microfiber towel, if its become too dry then shoot it with some quick detailer spray and wipe it off.

For old wax on the paint, the clay bar will take that all off. It will remove everything from the surface down to the bare clearcoat.

Comment

This morning i tried with #80 maybe it will take 4 times application to remove the water marks and scratches. and can i use random orbital polisher to apply #83?

i mean to remove old wax on paint hehehe.. thx for the answer =)

Comment

Originally posted by MI DOG View Post
            This morning i tried with #80 maybe it will take 4 times application to remove the water marks and scratches. and can i use random orbital polisher to apply #83?
            Take your time, only work the affected area, use the fastest setting on your polisher, (probably not any faster than the G100/PC), work the product for a long time but not till it's gone. Move the machine slowly.

You'll probably have to spend more time in these areas if you tool is not as powerful as the G100/PC
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Take your time, only work the affected area, use the fastest setting on your polisher, (probably not any faster than the G100/PC), work the product for a long time but not till it's gone. Move the machine slowly.

You'll probably have to spend more time in these areas if you tool is not as powerful as the G100/PC
              For that particular polisher the fastest suggestion I have read is 2.5.

As Mike said, make sure you are working the affeced area and working about a 2x2 section. Make you motion across, up and down, then at an angle. Work it until the product becomes hazy, then wipe away and reapply as needed using the same process.

You can use the #83 with your particular type of polisher. Make sure to follow it with #80 before you polish and wax. Use a different pad for each product.

Comment

Hmm.. ok i'll try it this sunday!Thx guys..

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');