• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this good?

When the weather gets beautiful im talking about in the 70's I was going to detail my mom's subie and her infiniti. I was also going to do my dad's ranger and his maxima. Since I dont have a G100 planning on getting one soon I will be working by hand now here are my steps. My dad's ranger is swirled really bad because thats what he drives to his construction job. He also takes it through the drive through car washes that are free with an oil change. I will NOT let my meguiars products touch that dirty thing except for when its clean. The rest of the cars dont have swirls except really light ones and I thought dc1 could take them out. Now here are my steps and no im not going to do all the cars in one day.

wash with deep crystal and ultra plush sheepskin mitt
    dry with water magnet
    clay using quick detailer for lube wiping clean with a supreme shine microfiber
    apply dc1 with a hi tech applicator pad and remove with supreme shine microfiber
    apply dc2 with a hi tech applicator pad and remove with supreme shine microfiber
    apply dc3 with a hi tech applicator pad and do the swipe test then remove with supreme shine microfiber
    wait 24 hours and apply a coat of nxt tech wax with a hi tech applicator pad and do the swipe test and remove with a supreme shine microfiber

Is this a good process and if it isn't please change it or let me know.
    Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
    2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Re: Is this good?

yes that sounds like a good process.

for your dads though.

wash
    clay
    scratch -x as DC won't take out bad swirls
    wax x 2

you don't have to wait 24 hours to wax, but you might want to because you might be too tired from donig it all by hand.

the DC system is good for light swirls and fine scratches. and it'll do the job. you can replace DC3 with your WAX of choice such as NXT.

so

wash
    clay
    dc1
    dc2
    wax x 2
    M21 if you have it or want.

pics please.

Comment

How do you post the pics cause I dont know how.
      Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
      2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Comment

you have to post them in the gallery first and then open your picture, right click and go to properties and then steal that URL there and put in your message.

click the insert image picture at the top to the right of the smiley face.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...&threadid=3188

Comment

I only have two cars... and the shoe is on the other foot around here. That is, I'll probably detail my kids' cars as a way of learning with the more neglected finish. My guess is that your mom and dad would be happy to spring for the DAP and pads, for the hundreds of dollars of value you're planning to deliver. I just bought the PC and plan to try it for the first time this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by HagFan View Post
            My guess is that your mom and dad would be happy to spring for the DAP and pads, for the hundreds of dollars of value you're planning to deliver.
            lol you'd think so but not the case... my parents arent interested for their lexus es300, and my sister's not interested for her 02 civic. anyone here wanna give me $200 for the g100?
            -Saleem
            07 Honda Accord... learning how to make it shine

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');