• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pollen nightmare.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollen nightmare.....

Guys, I need advice. I have a black truck and live in Alabama. It is in pollen season full force. I swear, it has never been this bad. As if we have had nuclear pollen fallout. It coats EVERYTHING as if it we had just received a snow dusting. I'm afraid pollen may be abrasive. After doing a full detail, the truck is a mess! Can I safely use a Cali duster on it or is it a re-wash situation only?

Re: Pollen nightmare.....

I would never use a duster my self. I would use a car cover. And if you need to clean it, only wash it. just my opinion

Comment

Im in the same boat, my whole car gets covered. Sitting in the school parking all day today, i came out and my car was completely yellow. i dont get why the pollen is so bad. My only suggestion would be to wash and wash and wash. Its a losing battle. On Sunday i had detailed my car, and pulled it into the garage. See some dust on it, thinking it was from wax, i wiped off the back of the car, literally 10 minutes later, my car was yellow.

Comment

Ugh, not good. Oh well, I'm about an hour from the GA state line. Supposed to rain 3 times by saturday and if it comes my way it will hit ATL. Maybe the rain will help us out.

Comment

Here is a thread on the California duster.

California duster

Comment

Links not workin for me

Comment

Originally posted by ViperCrazed View Post
              Links not workin for me
              Try it again.

Comment

good info. Thanks.

Comment

<-----Mississippi. The pollen is really bad here too and the lovebugs are coming out too. I have thought about the California duster but I would rather wash once a week instead of using it. I think a California duster is really for people who have show cars, IMO. They wash it, drive it to a show and wipe off, then drive it down to the next part of the show and dust it. There never is a lot of time get a lot of stuff on it like a daily driver. Really the only thing we can do it deal with it and was frequently.

Comment

I think we that live in MS, AL, and GA need to form an "Cooperative Against the Pollen" car club.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperCrazed View Post
                      I think we that live in MS, AL, and GA need to form an "Cooperative Against the Pollen" car club.

Add Texas to the list!!

Comment

lol. Yall probably have it worse. Ok, Texas joins too.

Comment

Florida too!! LOL.

I usually just drive around with a yellow truck during pollen season. I would have to be continually washing it to keep up with it!
                          Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                          Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                          2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Arkansas would like to opt in. My car has gone from Nighthawk Black Pearl to Nighthawk Black Pollen.
                            "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Add Tennessee to the list. I have completely gone insane trying to keep it off. From washing to Quik Detail every few hours.
                              Erick Lawson

2007 Ford F-150 / 2004 Infiniti G35

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');