• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotting on Window Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting on Window Trim

I have gloss black, both metal and plastic window trim with water spotting stains. How can I clean, remove and polish this trim? traditional cleaners and wax does not work!

Re: Spotting on Window Trim

have you tried M40 or M39.

they cleaned my trim and everything that the dealer messed up.

missed the part about it being plastic trim and not rubber. i assumed it was your rubber trim.
    Last edited by TrufflePig; Apr 6, 2007, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Kingsley, try PlastX and a terry or microfiber cloth. My father in law had really bad water spots on his faux chrome trim around all four windows on his Buick. While he was visiting, I tried several products and the PlastX worked fabulously. You will have to put some passion behind it, but it will certainly do the trick. I did one side for him. When he got back home he did the rest. They were down a couple of weeks ago and he couldn't wait to show me the results. The trim looked new with zero water spots. Give it a try - you'll be amazed.

On a side note, last June I bought an '03 Yukon XL. On the driver side door molding there was some discoloration in the faux chrome trim (trim is about 1.5 - 2" wide). It looked like someone sprayed a chemical or cleaner on it and it discolored the trim. I had tried everything I could think of until I remembered about the PlastX I had. Busted it out with the PowerBall Mini and viola, no more discoloration. I was honestly blown away by this because, again, there didn't appear to be anything ON the trim. It appeared to be discolored or stained.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Great tip. Thanks for sharing.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Will PlastX also work on the rubbery black material that 23jam is referring to? I have the same spots on my Armada window trim.

Comment

if its rubber use M39 or M40.

Comment

Give this a try...

Trim Detailer
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment