• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

perfect shine!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfect shine!!??

i have a black car, and i want to use the 3 steps deep crystal. but i like the NXT products , is okay if i use the nxt car wash , the use the step 1 deep crystal(cleaning paint) , then step 2 deep crystal (polish) , then use the NXT tech wax(paste or liquid) instead of the carnauba wax step 3???

...and if a use the clay , can i use it with the speed detailer??

Re: perfect shine!!??

Yes, all of the Meguiars products work to gether and are interchangable...your process looks good! As for the claying question, that is another yes, you can use the NXT Speed Detailer.

Hope this helps and good luck!!
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Your routine sounds perfectly fine, as Meguiar's has engineered all of their products to be used together.
      Jeff

Comment

I've used that exact line-up on my black car in the past and it worked great.
        "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

in the deep crystal step 1(cleaning) it suggest to use it first in a small section for make sure is it work with the finish of your car,

it product can damage the paint??

PD: sorry for any mistake in the writing , my first language is spanish

Comment

No, it won't damage the paint, the instructions say that so you see if it will provide the results you want, or if you need a more agressive product.

Comment

thanks for the info,

my car paint is in very good condition, is okay if i only use the clay and skip the first step??

pd : i wash the car every weekend and use the speed or quick detailer thursday, so the paint dont have so much contaminants

Comment

You could skip the step, but your not going to see a huge improvement, I would highly, highly recomend doing the full process like you stated in your first post,
                Wash
                Clay
                Paint Cleaner
                Polish
                Wax

Comment

ok, i will do all the steps, but i have a confusion, i need to do the first steop and then use the clay bar??

...or use the clay and then the 1 step??

Comment

You should clay then do the first step (Paint Cleaner)

Comment

i have one more question, when i do all the steps, can i do one step follow by the other step quickly? or i need to the paint to rest for some time between the steps??

sorry for all the question but i want to do it right

Comment

No problem, I had a lot of questions when I started too, you want to apply the paint cleaner and wipe it off after you have worked it in..same with the polish, apply, work in untill haze, wipe off. With the wax you want to apply it and lets it set for about 15-20 minutes and then wipe off. To tell when to wipe of wax, use the How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test.

Here are someother good reads...
                        NXT Tech Wax Cure Time

Comment

..and when i finish the first step, can i go to the 2nd step in that moment? or i need wait some time betwwen steps??

Comment

Sorry about that, forgot to answer that in my last post...Yes, after step one you can go right to step two, no need to wait...just make sure you wipe off step one first then do step two...

Comment

ok, thanks , i will post some pics of the car when i do all the steps

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');