• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use this MFT on paint? Picture inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use this MFT on paint? Picture inside!

Hello guys,

I've got an important question, the MFT on the picture was washed with 40 degree in the machine. But it still got a black spot on it. I have several MFT's who look like this, with little black spots all over. It's not from the rims!

Can I still use MFT's like that on paint?

Cheers,
    Simon

Re: Can you use this MFT on paint? Picture inside!

I think it would be fine. It's just a stain.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Hey,

If that is not from your wheels, then there is no problem at all using this MF on your paint.

I have tons of MF towels with stains like that. They usually happen when wiping off polishes from the paint around black rubber window moldings. If you slightly bump the molding, you get black on the towel. Just wash the towels thoroughly and do a double rinse, and you should be just fine.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
        Hey,

If that is not from your wheels, then there is no problem at all using this MF on your paint.

I have tons of MF towels with stains like that. They usually happen when wiping off polishes from the paint around black rubber window moldings. If you slightly bump the molding, you get black on the towel. Just wash the towels thoroughly and do a double rinse, and you should be just fine.

Tim

SYDSTER

Comment

you should be fine.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

looks like those hospital towels.

100 sterile.

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
              Hey,

Tim
              Tim makes an excellent point.

Just to add that the reason you want to keep polishing cloths used on wheels separate from polishing cloths used on paint because the potential exists for small metallic particles to embedded themselves into the microfiber fibers or nap. This then creates the potential for you to instill swirls and scratches.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Tim makes an excellent point.

Just to add that the reason you want to keep polishing cloths used on wheels separate from polishing cloths used on paint because the potential exists for small metallic particles to embedded themselves into the microfiber fibers or nap. This then creates the potential for you to instill swirls and scratches.
                Hey! I do that, MF's for drying, MF's for door jambs and MF's for wheels, good show. I am learning my door jamb towels are slightly stained and I still use them.

L8R
                Aaron
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Thanks for your answers guys & girls !

Another short one: Is it okay to wash the pads and mft's used to apply and wipe off the nxt techwax with other pads and MFTs where you only used polish or paint cleaner? I'm asking because the wax sticks to the pads and towels pretty hard and I don't want it to transfer to all the other mft's/pads where I didn't use any wax.

Thanks,
                  Simon

Comment

I do. but i dont know if it ok, hope fully i will find out.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');