• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time with #83 and #80 with pics, advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time with #83 and #80 with pics, advice wanted

Well I just got #83 and #80 yesteday with a few 8006 pads, also got few other stuff but will stick to the topic.

I got this stuff yesteday and got a new buffer today. It's the Bosch 270AX or something like that. I can't get pc so thats what was next option for me in Australia.

First I will post pics. Taken with camera phone, just did it 2-3hours ago and couldn't find decent camera but read below pictures before commenting.

Before: Front hood on a dark blue 1996 Mercedes C-Class

This is the worst spot on the hood so it wasn't all that bad, now before I explain about the help I need will also post after shots.

After: With #80, then bumped up to #83 then a pass with #80 to finish.

Now it did a great job remove most those million little scratches but there are still very light scratches which are still there which am wondering if going over again will help.

I am unshore how long to work it in so what I did was keeping working it in slowly till I noticed it starting to become little transparent but when doing it seemed like a long time to be honest aftewards seemed like maybe 1min or 1 and half min max.

The pictures don't help alot with showing the slight scratches that still exist and some cobbwebbing thats show with garage lights turned off with camera phone light turned on.

Untill I get more decent pictures how long on average should I work it in for on a car this color and it being a mercedes.

Can it be overworked to a point of damaging the paint.

One more thing when I decide to start doing a whole car, not this one but a newer car, whening doing small parts like the top of door which is very thin can the buffer go over blue painters tape for some time or can it only go over it for quick few seconds.

Also how much product do I use on the 8006 pad, I did a thin X across 3/4 of the pad. Also once done and still not happy do I have to apply more product on the pad or just keeping work it in.

Re: First Time with #83 and #80 with pics, advice wanted

If you are getting some really fine scratches, you could try #80 and a 9006 finishing pad. If that fails, you could also try #82 with a finishing pad.

I usually apply a x across the pad like you do. Remember to clean the pad after each panel.

I can't give you a definite answer on how many times you overlap the product when polishing. I work the product into the paint until I see results as long as the product isn't starting to dry.

From my experience, the blue painter's tape is pretty durable. You can go over it a few times without any problems. I'm sure if you held it in one spot over the tape, you might run into some trouble.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');