• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use instead of #26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use instead of #26?

The car 1997 Renaissance Red Turbo Supra.

so far:
    Washed w/ Gold Glass Gel
    Clayed w/ Clay Kit
    #80 speed glaze to remove swirls and scratches w/ w8006 @ 5500

I am ready probably tonite to lay down some wax. typically I use #26 because it offers nice depth to my single stage red paint, however I am noticing that this stuff attracts lint, pollen etc like crazy! Keeping that I like the warm look of carnuba's shine what are my other options?

Thanks mike for the suggestion on the #80. It worked like a charm. the Swirl free polish with a DA and a w8006 just wasn't enough to do the trick.

- Randy

Re: What to use instead of #26?

From all the testing we've seen, the application of a wax to a painted finish appears to attract more dust than an un-waxed area, so there may not be dust-free, or dust attraction-free wax on the market to solve your problem.

For looks however, if you haven't tried NXT give it a try on your single stage paint, 2 thin coats, allow them to dry till they swipe clear.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike's right. It's the rubbing over the surface that creates the static charge on the surface.

Remember rubbing a balloon against your chest and how the balloon would then stick to your shirt, or how rubbing one against your hair would cause your hair to stand on end. I think it's the same idea.

So I guesss we do more rubbing when we polish and wax than when we wash and dry. I'll bet if you cleaned or rubbed one section on your hood with a MF towel that section would attract a heavier dusting than the rest of it.

Comment

#26 is a great wax. You could also try #16 if you can find it; there's still plenty of it out there.

Please, post some picks of the Supra!!!
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');