• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tis but a scratch? or is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tis but a scratch? or is it?

so my brother decided to be a nice guy and as a random early birthday present, decided to wash and wax my car while i was sleeping one day. HE WAXED IT FIRST then washed it...
    obviously you can tell where this is going...
    so my hood and trunk are very very scratched up... i can see swirl marks, and every place he touched the wax pad to my car...
    what are my options for getting rid of this?

scratch remover im going to try... Scratch X by meguiars
    i dont want to get to abrasive with this because i dont know exactly how bad this is, so im avoiding rubbing and polishing compounds... i think they would just make it worse....

should i get the entire car buffed professionally?

this is aweful... im so sad. and i promised him he would never touch my car again...

any good fillers or scratch removers other than scratch X or Scratch Doctor?

how should i apply it... i was thinking 3-5times should be thick enough... ive been told that multiple applications are the best way to go about filling this...

i know they can be removed... and if they cant... someone is paying with blood...jk.

Re: tis but a scratch? or is it?

first, relax a while. the heart was there just not the process. the proper one anyways.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

Scratch-X is a really good product to use by hand. although the new one is forumalted for PC use, i perfer hand use.

it is a diminishing abrasive and if and when used properly with proper technique can work really well.

try a test spot on your hood. that should solve the case as to what you want to use right away.

i don't believe in fillers. i believe in removing the swirls and then doing everythign i can to keep them away i.e. two bucket wash, clean microfibres and proper techinque and equipment.

Wash
    Clay
    Scratch - X
    NXT x 2

or if you're going machine.

Wash
    Clay
    M80
    M83 - ONLY IF M80 doesn't cut it.
    M80 - follow with M80 if you used M83 to get rid of any hazing marks or streaks and for that nice deep shine. M80 has cleaning and polishing oils.
    NXT x 2

Comment

im new to the meguiars pro line... M80 and M83 mean little to me at this point... but im not new to detailing...

sorry about the picture issue. i will get some of those tomorrow lets just say on that example page with the mercedes... its worse than that by a lot

Comment

i went easy on him... i thanked him for the work and all but i told him he didnt need to help me out, and that it was clean....
        but anyway ive had this car since i got my drivers license, so its been through some work. and it still looks brand new.

Comment

No problem...

#83 Dual Action CLeaner Polish and #80 Speed Glaze are products that you can use by machine, preferably a G-100. You can go to autodetailingsolutions.com to see some prices on it ,and here are some liks for it:

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Using ScratcHX will work, but to do a whole car by hand... eek
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

ya umm i couldnt get any decent pictures today. but after looking at the example mercedes... there are a few more numerous scratches and they are a little bit deeper. still cant feel them with my fingernails though

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');