• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine components

i will clean my engine tomorrow, what can i use to clean ahnd give that shiny look to all of rubber components of the engine like silicone and rubber hoses??

Re: engine components

Most people will suggest using APC dilluted and follow that with Hyper Dressing. That is a great combo! If I am out of Hyper Dressing then I use #40 and get excellent results too. The key is a good degreaser to get all the **** off.
    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

APC 10:1 to clean it.

Hyper Dressing 4:1 for the shine. if that doesn't cut you shine liking, apply another coat.

Comment

APC+ 4:1 to clean it, then #40 to dress it is what I use.
        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

isn't the new APC like the old APC+?

i start with 10:1 and if that doesn't cut it i move it up to 4:1.

i really enjoy seeing how each individual styles differ from user to user.

Comment

I find it weird that everyone recommends APC+ when it just doesnt do much for me. Ive been wanting to get some Super Degreaser or Safe Degreaser and give them a try. I figured Super Degreaser would be the strongest so I may go for that.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

i just bought some super degreaser and diluted it like at least 18:1 and it was awesome. I only used it on exhaust tips but it works really efficiently even diluted that much.

I think that it will handle pretty much anything you through at it.

Plus it smells nice. ha
              Reflection is nothing without Depth

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLibby04 View Post
                I find it weird that everyone recommends APC+ when it just doesnt do much for me. Ive been wanting to get some Super Degreaser or Safe Degreaser and give them a try. I figured Super Degreaser would be the strongest so I may go for that.
                Hey,

Good point! Everyone on MOL and elsewhere know that I hate detailing engines. But if I do, I really love the Super Degreaser. It works extremely well. But do use only as directed!

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                  Hey,

Good point! Everyone on MOL and elsewhere know that I hate detailing engines. But if I do, I really love the Super Degreaser. It works extremely well. But do use only as directed!

Tim
                  I was just debating ordering some for that exact reason. What dilution do you recommend?

Meguiar's states the following...

Dewaxing 20:1
                  Medium Duty Degreasing 10:1
                  Heavy Duty Degreasing 4:1
                  Scott

Comment

do it really diluted if it doesn't do the job just add some more degreaser.

The least aggressive product doesn't have to apply only to polishes.
                    Reflection is nothing without Depth

Comment

Originally posted by jashgtp View Post
                      do it really diluted if it doesn't do the job just add some more degreaser.

The least aggressive product doesn't have to apply only to polishes.
                      True, very true.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                        I was just debating ordering some for that exact reason. What dilution do you recommend?

Meguiar's states the following...
                        I actually have 2 bottles set up, and ready to go. One at 4:1 and the other at 10:1. In most cases, when it comes to grease etc on an engine, I use mostly the 4:1 ratio.

Tim
                        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                          I actually have 2 bottles set up, and ready to go. One at 4:1 and the other at 10:1. In most cases, when it comes to grease etc on an engine, I use mostly the 4:1 ratio.

Tim
                          Thanks Tim!
                          Scott

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');