• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about #66 Quick Detailer.......Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about #66 Quick Detailer.......Thanks

Hi, everyone..........it's the "old" Blackbird, here. I have a question about #66 Quick Detailer. Anyone here ever used it?? Does it have diminishing abrasives like many of Meg's other products? If so, do I "work" it for a little bit, to allow those abrasives to break down? Also, do I let this product dry on the surface, then wipe off?

As soon as I get the courage (and weather!!! I am in Southern NH, and it's been rainin'!!!!) to tackle my 2006 "arrest me red" Acura RSX Type-S with some #80 and my new PC, I will have to figure out how to post my pics to let you all Drool ( Haa Haa!!)

Also, I must say thanks to all of you who write into this forum all the time - you provide invaluable info and insight to us "newbs" about paint care. I have Mike Phillips' (and Richard Lin's) video on using the PC. I would advise anyone / everyone to purchase this fabulous disk. I'm surprised I haven't worn it out form watching it so much. I guess it's time to put my "classroom" stuff to work. But I thought I'd start with some #66 first.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.........thanks!
    'Bird

Re: Question about #66 Quick Detailer.......Thanks

I have been wanting to try #66 for awhile now. From what I have read you do need to work it. Allow the product to haze and dry before removing.

Good luck and I can't wait to see some photos.
    Scott

Comment

Yes, #66 has diminishing abrasives. so you would need to work it in, then let it dry.

Both #66 and #80 are quite safe really, but #66 will let you do a quick detail in between rainstorms at least.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeah, I did use M66 to test it out >> Quick Detail << Just to se what the results would be and to maitain the car(s) on regular bases, I just Love it and every time I use it and top it off with M21, the cars look like new!, I would almost say "Liquid"
        So, this is a great product what would have to be included in anyone's arsenal IMO
        BTW, this product is very mild with an cutting scale of 4 out of 10 , 10 being the most agressive.
        For me it works great on a polishing pad to break down the diminishing abrasives, so with a little work, you yield awesome results!
        Progress is perverting an perfectly good idea!

Comment

To BlueZero, Murr1525 and MAX U.S.A.........

Thanks so much for responding..........sorry I didn't reply sooner, but have been out most of the evening. (Did manage to clay the car a little while ago, though. Mmmmmmmm, smooth.)

Am hoping to try the #66 tomorrow (Wife permitting........you know how that is!! Haaa!!!) Will try an 8006 pad, unless one of you folks thinks the 9006 is better........I am trying to removce some cobwebbing.

If I can figure out how to post pics I take, will try for that on maybe Saturday or Sunday.

Again, thanks, and all best to you.
          'Bird

Comment

You'll want the 8006 if trying to remove some defects.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Work #66 like you would #80 with the exception that you do not remove it after every panel. Just work adjacent panels, slightly overlapping each section until you cover several panels. Since polishing with a PC is a time consuming process, by the time you finish two more panels, the first panel should be dry. Remove from the first panel, then move to the next panel, polish that, and the second panel should be dry.

I know Meguiars recommends working areas no larger then 2x2 with the PC, but with #66, I have found working larger areas is a little better to make sure the product is spread thin and easy to remove. I usually work 3x3 or 4x4
              Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Re: Results of my test of #66 - Blackbird

Hi, everyone......well, let's see if I did this right.......sorry, I'm old, and although I've been a computer user for many years, the whole forum "thing" is new to me, as is this process. But, again, thanks, Mike, for your great explanation about how to post pics....I think I've got it!!
                This is my 2006 Acura RSX Type-S - before and after using #66 and my new PC (kinda scary at first........whew!!) As you can see, the "befores" are all swirls, and the "afters" are better - not perfect, but not bad for my first try.

Before:

EEEEWWWWWW!!!

Now, here are a few "Afters"........Mmmmmmm!!

While I'm no photographer, I think they show at least some improvement in the finish. I am pleased with the results.

Thanks to all who wrote to give advice........greatly appreciated. I also think I learned something about #66 - DON'T try to do the whole car while letting it dry. The strangest thing happened - I don't know if it was from letting it dry too long, or if I "splattered" some of the #66 because I was NOT careful enough about not lifting the PC's pad off the surface before it was stopped. I got these little white dots all over the hood and a couple of other places.........Man, were they wicked to remove!!!!!! Thought I was going to have to break out the #80.

Anyway, I've rambled on too long. Sorry........but, thanks for "listening".
                All best,
                Blackbird

Comment

Looks great! That paint looks amazing!
                  Scott

Comment

nice job!

M66 is one of the best waxes i've ever used since you can decide how aggressive you want to get with it....ilght cut with hand application and aggressive cut with a wool or foam cutting pad.

Still I just use it with my RB or PC to remove some defects and make the car shine.

just make sure you have pretty much of that one. IMO, it's an "addictive" wax: once you try it, you will want to use it pretty often :P
                    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');