• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaner wax vs color x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaner wax vs color x

i know that both of these products are basically a 1 step to a wax finish. i have a couple questions though.

1. which one is more abrasive?
    2. which one is better for minor swirl and scratch removal
    3. which one will yield better results after long term useage?
    4. is the mirror glaze cleaner wax different than the consumers cleaner wax?

thanks much in advance.
    2001 Granite Sentra Se - Brought back to a brilliant shine via meguiars. took 6+ hours of work. i'm currently loving its' shine.

Re: cleaner wax vs color x

1. ColorX is more abrassive
    2. ColorX is better for swirl and 'minor' scratch removal
    3. It's hard to tell which one would give better results over a long period of time. I prefer to use a cleaner or cleaner wax once in a while. For all those times in between, I use a pure wax or one with very low amounts of a cleaner.
    4. The consumer cleaner wax is different than the #6 Professional version. I believe that the #6 Professional version is more abrassive. From my experience, I prefer the Pro version.

If you can find it, the #19 Professional Paste Cleaner wax is probably my favorite cleaner wax. You can really work it into the paint much more so than a liquid. The problem is that it is no longer made and finding it was a little bit of a challenge (for me).

If you have the time, try the Deep Crystal series. The Cleaner and Polish are excellent. If you can follow it up with the NXT wax, you will really like the results! Unfortunately NXT doesn't have much cleaning power - very light.

If you are looking for an all in one cleaner wax with some more cleaning power, #66 Professional Cleaner wax can be worked into the paint and remove some decent sized defects. It is really meant to be used occasionally or at a detail shop.

Does this sort of help? I know I tossed a lot of info at you, but I'm sure you can handle it...
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

yes, i can handle it. i was expecting a reply like this when i returned to check this thread.

i've tried the dc series, and currently have it. it worked great the 1st time i used it. nice, rich and dark gloss. it's just not shiny enough anymore after using hi tech yellow wax.

also, the construction on my daily route started, and a bunch more swirls and minor scratches have showed up. no need to clay bar though, as i've washed, and ran over the car with a plastic bag over my hand, and no area;s get stuck.

i think im going to end up color-x'ing the hood, and #19 cleaner wax the otherside. tape right down the middle. it'd make for a good experement and picture.
      2001 Granite Sentra Se - Brought back to a brilliant shine via meguiars. took 6+ hours of work. i'm currently loving its' shine.

Comment

Do you already have #19?

I've got one can, but it took me a little bit of searching to find it. Most people don't even know what it is. Be prepared to spend about $25 or more for it!!!

As an alternative, I would try #66. You can get a sample bottle from ADS for about $10.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');