• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to use after #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to use after #7

in the bottle of #7 says #26, abd i know is a great wax, but i use nxt liquid,

nxt liquid can remove the gloos of the #7 polish>??? or is better if i use 26??

Re: what to use after #7

NXT will not remove the gloss of #7.

Even though the bottle says to follow up with #26, #7 can be followed up with any pure wax.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
      NXT will not remove the gloss of #7.

Even though the bottle says to follow up with #26, #7 can be followed up with any pure wax.
      Good luck. Tell us how it went.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I did just that, after #7 I applied 2 coats of NXT liquid wax. The results on my light beige metallic is so much better than just NXT alone. Even the previous DC#2 + NXT combo didn't bring out the wetness and gloss I managed to achieve with #7. The only downside is that it's rather difficult to remove in humid places like Malaysia.

Comment

congrats. Glad it worked out well for you.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by davidwong View Post
            I did just that, after #7 I applied 2 coats of NXT liquid wax. The results on my light beige metallic is so much better than just NXT alone. Even the previous DC#2 + NXT combo didn't bring out the wetness and gloss I managed to achieve with #7. The only downside is that it's rather difficult to remove in humid places like Malaysia.
            i use the same product ,

deep crystal paint cleaner,
            deep crystal 2 for polish
            and for the wax, nxt

but i buy a bottle of #7 for try, but for what you say #7 is a better polish than the DP 2

Comment

Hey,

If you are having issues removing #7 due to humidity, then I would suggest applying it and removing it, one panel at a time. Meg's #7 does not dry but rather skins over and therefore does not need to be left on to dry. As such, if it is humid, it may be difficult to remove if you applied it to the whole car first. Try the one panel at a time.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

any of you that use #7,

what give a better gloss, 7 with 26, or 7 with NXT??

Comment

Hey,

I have used #7 for 25 years and to be honest, the answer is...it depends. If I were doing a solid red or a candy apple red metallic, I would use #26 on top of the #7. If I am doing a black car, I may use NXT, GC or mostly #21. If I am doing a light colored car like white or silver, I use #20 Polymer Sealant over the #7. If I were doing single stage paints, I would use the #26 or #21.

It is all a matter of your tastes. Most of the time I use #7 or #81 topped with #21.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

i have a black mustang 01, so i think my better choice is some synthetic wax, like nxt or 21 .thanks for the info

Comment

I think (2) thin coats of #26 is the best. Awsome shine and super slick feel. I've tried #20 and I also liked the results.

Comment

Hello, I’m about to prepare my car for a special occasion and I would like to receive a maximum gloss/shine and wet look. The color is black metallic. I have already Gold class liquid wax (not the newest carnauba plus), but I’m not quite satisfied with it, because I think I could get some more out of the paint (I think it leaves a cover of grayness in paint). I also have M16 in stock, but I haven’t tried yet. I don’t have a lot of time for experiencing, since the event is coming soon... I’m a little confused what to put after #7, since Meg’s offers such wide range of waxes (#16, #20, #21, #26, GC, NXT…). Durability is not my priority, since I often use Ultimate Quik Wax after wash. The objective is to receive that show car wet shine. Could anyone give me an advice?

Comment

Have you done any claying or cleaning steps before using the #7?
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sorry if I intrude on this post. I am going to be detailing a 69 camaro. It is a darker silver color, not quite a gunmetal but not a light silver either. I am not sure if it is ss or clear coat but it has dull look to it. I was thinking of trying #7 on it with maybe 26 after. Maybe using UC first, I have to better examine if it needs it or not. Is this a good choice and also, can #7 be applied by machine? I have a pc. The bottle says by hand, so I want to make sure it is able to be applied with the pc. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                              Have you done any claying or cleaning steps before using the #7?
                              Yes, I use Smooth surface clay, UC / Swirlx before #7.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');