• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MG's Paint Polish on Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG's Paint Polish on Windows

I would rather not go out and buy another product, so is it possible to use say, #80 on auto glass to remove hard water spots?

Re: MG's Paint Polish on Windows

Maybe trying that out would respond your question, but IMO, if a product is formulated to work on a certain surface, then it would be more appropriate to use that specific product for a specific job (paint products for paint, metal care products for metals, glass care products for glass, etc)

some people recommend using heavy cut cleaner for this job, but I would rather use glass polish. In case you use heavy cut cleaner, just make sure you remove all the oily residue from the product.

Hope This Helps.

P.S. using heavy cut cleaner for removing hard water spots from windows is not a meguiars-endorsed procedure
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

As Chex said, it may or may not give great results, but no harm will come from trying.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

for window water spots I have always used very fine steel wool with Meguiars window cleaner as a lubricant, the window cleaner does not make the steel wool rust has water would do.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');