• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray wax at the car wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray wax at the car wash

What's the deal with the generic spray wax at the local drive-in car washes? What's in it? Why doesn't it haze on plastics? Does it do much good? It goes on wet and starts to bead instantly

It's popular with the masses around here and can't help but wonder what sort of magical substance this is.

Re: Spray wax at the car wash

I think it would be hard to say as everyplace can use a different brand of the wax, and I'm sure there are some that do almost nothing.

Comment

Its better then nothing, but if your reading these posts you want much more.

Comment

Ive never used the wax on my jeep, but Ive used it on the parents DD car.. It made the water bead up good but didnt do much after that.

I have used the spot-free-rinse on my Jeep and it really helps to keep down spots. Usually I will get the white spots from minerals on the back of the Jeep since the wind cannot blow the water off. With the spot-free-rinse, I get zero spots. I figured it was just filtered water. Hopefully they dont use anything that would harm the wax or CC.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
          I think it would be hard to say as everyplace can use a different brand of the wax, and I'm sure there are some that do almost nothing.
          Dead on.
          You should be skeptical of any promises made about the quality of protection these offer.
          Brian Hann
          Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
          Meguiar's Inc.
          Irvine, California
          bhann@meguiars.com
          (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Back in the 70's. yes I'm old lol. I took a job at a local car wash. i was there about a week and the owner tells me. "Go get the garden hose, and fill the wax barrellwith water. Every saturday first thing top of the barrel. That stuff is over $150 dollars a pop. We will keep on diluting it to get our monies worth". needless to say that has always stuck in my mind. For that reason When I use to frequent car washesw up north never spent the money for the wax. lol
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

When I use the the self car wash I only use the sprayer to wash the car off. I don't use the brush that they have there because those brushes can put scratches in the paint. And when it comes to using the spray on wax they have, I don't use it either. I rather know what wax is being applied to the cars finish. That's why I'll keep using Meguiar's selection of wax that they carry.

Comment

Originally posted by 23jam View Post
                "We will keep on diluting it to get our monies worth". needless to say that has always stuck in my mind. For that reason When I use to frequent car washesw up north never spent the money for the wax. lol
                That story might give a few people on this board nightmares tonight.

Originally posted by Cobalt2006 View Post
                I rather know what wax is being applied to the cars finish..
                Very wise advice

If I find a scrap of metal around I'll do a side by side with some good old NXT for fun.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');