• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Shine on MINI Cooper exterior plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Shine on MINI Cooper exterior plastic?

Can I use Natural Shine on the exterior plastic of my MCS? The reason I ask is that the bottle says not to use it on painted or unpainted plastic. I always thought the outside parts where plastic, but maybe they are some kind of vinyl, so just want to make sure.

Re: Natural Shine on MINI Cooper exterior plastic?

:
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Yes, you can use Natural Shine on the black exterior plastic of your Mini. Keep in mind that it is water based and will not hold up as well on exterior surfaces especially in bad weather. Our Gold Class Trim Detailer or Exterior Trim Detailer would be better options for these areas.

Gold Class Trim Detailer: http://www.meguiars.com/?car-trim-mo...-Trim-Detailer

Exterior Trim Detailer: http://www.meguiars.com/?car-trim-mo...-Trim-Detailer
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did use it on my tires but it was a pain applying with an applicator. Could it be sprayed on? Would it be damaging to clear coated wheels? I'd like to be able to spray it on lightly and then brush it around for consistent coverage.

What type of plastics should this not be applied to? This seams to be a product for interiors, yet there is plastic all over the interior. The warning about not getting it on painted or non-painted plastic makes me stop and think.

Comment

Originally posted by rqk View Post
          Thanks for the quick reply.

I did use it on my tires but it was a pain applying with an applicator. Could it be sprayed on? Would it be damaging to clear coated wheels? I'd like to be able to spray it on lightly and then brush it around for consistent coverage.

What type of plastics should this not be applied to? This seams to be a product for interiors, yet there is plastic all over the interior. The warning about not getting it on painted or non-painted plastic makes me stop and think.
          +1 on what Brian said.

I won't damage the wheels, but you should wipe it off. Simple as that.

Comment

our Mini's got a lot of trim.

personally, i'd use Endurance Gel on the tires.

then for the black trim i use #40 or NXT Protect. nice shine.

Natural Shine i use for interior. one coat. don't like the slick look inside.

Comment

And what is recommended for exterior chrome trims for the Coopers?

Comment

Originally posted by skoufos View Post
                And what is recommended for exterior chrome trims for the Coopers?
                If it is real chromed metal (I can't remember what the Mini's have), go with this:
                NXT Generation All Metal Polysh

NXT Generation All Metal Polysh

Comment

I strongly doubt it is real metal. What should I use then?

Comment

I guess by nxt you mean the metal polish thing. Cause there are so many nxt out there

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');