• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a question of scratch X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a question of scratch X

in this site i read that scratch x no need to dry before remoe it of the paint, but i have a new bottle here and in the directions says: "... work one section at a time and LET PRODUCT DRY before removing excess..."

so i dont know if i need to let it dry or not

Re: i have a question of scratch X

You don't let it dry like a wax (15-20min), instead you work it in against the finish, until it hazes a little bit...it shouldn't be glossy, more like cloudy. Once you have reached that point, your ok to remove it. With Scratch-X, you really have to work it in for a while too. Read over this thread to give you an idea...How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX.

Maybe someone else can chime in on when to remove, can't describe it good...

Hope this helps!!
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
      You don't let it dry like a wax (15-20min), instead you work it in against the finish, until it hazes a little bit...it shouldn't be glossy, more like cloudy. Once you have reached that point, your ok to remove it. With Scratch-X, you really have to work it in for a while too. Read over this thread to give you an idea...How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX.

Maybe someone else can chime in on when to remove, can't describe it good...

Hope this helps!!
      I remove it after it has cleared (i.e.- it looks like you rubbed baby oil on it), so I know it has fully broken down.

Comment

I usually let it sit for 10mins or so before removing.
        2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

i go front to back over all of the spots im fixing. let it sit, wash my windows with windex or otherwise, detail the wheels and tires, then come back to it

Comment

May be just adding my own opinion here, but letting the Scratch X sit will not benefit it in any way, there is nothing in it that needs to set up like wax.
            Just be using up time, plus it may become harder to remove.

Do whatever works for you though...

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
              May be just adding my own opinion here, but letting the Scratch X sit will not benefit it in any way, there is nothing in it that needs to set up like wax.
              Just be using up time, plus it may become harder to remove.

Do whatever works for you though...

I did one little section at a time by hand with ScratchX (like a square foot at a time) and wiped it as soon as I thought it broke down. I am not very patient and tried to do whole body panels at a time (like the hood) and it dried and very hard to remove. So....I learned patience and started over with little sections at a time and came out ahead of the game on time as I worked it in, wiped and moved on.

Have fun.

Aaron
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

There were some older tubes that had bad instructions. The advice from the folks above should work well for you.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Can it be used with rotary on softest polishing pad (Lake pads, white)?

Thanks!

Comment

To your original question, ScratchX should be removed right after you're finished working it against the paint. You should not let it dry before removing. The label you're reading is an old label that had the wrong directions for using the products.

Read this,

Which products need to dry before removing?

Originally posted by Mless5 View Post
                    Can it be used with rotary on softest polishing pad (Lake pads, white)?

Thanks!
                    ScratchX is not formulated for use with a rotary buffer nor is it recommended for use with a rotary buffer.

That said, we have tried it this way with a rotary buffer using our W-7006 foam cutting pad to remove isolated scratches and it worked okay. Because we tend to have the right tool for the job at our disposal most/all the time this is the direction we usually go and that's to use a product from our Professional Line when using a rotary buffer.

What are you working on?
                    What are you trying to accomplish?
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');