• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farthest you would travel to detail...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farthest you would travel to detail...?

I want to know, what's the farthest you would travel to do a detail...
    Hours, minutes or neither...?
    I seen (Superior shines) website he goes (ALL OVER) the place...
    And says he will go anywhere in world for additional fee .
    Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
    ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
    (269)650-2242

Re: Farthest you would travel to detail...?

Depends on how much extra the customer is willing to pay.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

if the customer is willing to pay for food, loding, and travel-> i think around the world is fair

but in reality...i wouldnt go more then 1.5hours travel time (like 45 mins one way in any direction).
      Got one warm day for
      -'93 Ford Probe Red (SOLD)
      -'03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Red

Comment

I've driven 70 miles round trip more than once to accomodate the same long time client w/numerous units, most of which are high end, so the compensatiuon is more than aedquate for the time & travel.
        Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Originally posted by stealth View Post
          I've driven 70 miles round trip
          Thats dedication, but sure others have gone farther ....
          Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
          ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
          (269)650-2242

Comment

As with Joe, our detailing work can be found within four countries and during 2007, we detailed in seven states from coast-to-coast here in the great US of A!

Joe is gaining more and more notority within the biz as his skills as a businessman catch up to his stills with a buffer! Go get'em Joe! My goal is to work a project with Joe in 2008!

How about Jamaica Joe...ya ready
            Renny Doyle
            Attention To Details
            "Detailers of Air Force One"
            www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Originally posted by Renny Doyle View Post

How about Jamaica Joe...ya ready
              If we go that far we are stopping in Cuba for a PURO and RUM!
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                If we go that far we are stopping in Cuba for a PURO and RUM!

If you do, please come to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic!! jajajaj

Comment

I would have to say if the money was right and food lodging was taken care of. I would be open to a detail of almost any distance in the continental U.S.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

23 Jam,

That is the key...if the situation and pay is there then I am game! So many detailers sell short and miss out on both opportunity and income! In the early days of detailing I dreamed big and with lots of hard work it happened.

Many are willing to do the mile but they forget about the profit! I had a doctor tell me once that my prices where high and that ten years of education is what it took him to make that kind of money...I simply stated..."It took me fifteen years to get here so count your blessings!"

As Wyatt Earp said...I ain't fighting that fight...there's no money in it! Our passion for detailing is one thing but our time is not replaceable!
                    Renny Doyle
                    Attention To Details
                    www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

I live in Dallas Texas, and just picked up a new client in NY. He has a collection of about 15 cars, and I am doing all of them, 2-3 at a time. He is covering all expenses, plus paying a premium for my service. He is also supplying all of the products and tools I need to do the job. All I will have to do is pack some clothes, and get on a plane.

But I'm not going up there till it gets a little warmer
                      2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
                      2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                      2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                      2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Renny Doyle View Post
                        23 Jam,

That is the key...if the situation and pay is there then I am game! So many detailers sell short and miss out on both opportunity and income! In the early days of detailing I dreamed big and with lots of hard work it happened.

Many are willing to do the mile but they forget about the profit! I had a doctor tell me once that my prices where high and that ten years of education is what it took him to make that kind of money...I simply stated..."It took me fifteen years to get here so count your blessings!"

As Wyatt Earp said...I ain't fighting that fight...there's no money in it! Our passion for detailing is one thing but our time is not replaceable!
                        Renny very well said. Sometimes the total sounds so good. Then after you break it down it is depressing. To me the lesson is always try to look at the big picture, before you leep. It's hard to do at times, but its a lesson if learned the hardway it's not soon forgotten.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I think your tag line says it all...Quality Creates Its Own Demand !! It's like the gentleman that is heading to New York to Detail...people see value within his services! I know Joe has gone to Vegas so it is amazing to see what some people are willing to pay for!

Its funny, we have had some famous people request our services but have the belief that their celebrity is worth free or cheap service? I have a client (no kiss and tell) that asked for a discount...I reminded him that I had seen many if not all of his movies and had never once received a discount...which shut him up!

Joe has dealt with this client in a round about way and was as shocked as I was at the condition the the cars the rich and shameless sometimes drive and the fact they are "thrifty" when it comes to spending money on their vehicles.

I caution people to make sure you don't just romanticize distant jobs...make sure you make money or gain measurable exposure that you could never pay for in the form of marketing for your business!

Neat to hear others stories and ideas on distant detailing...
                          Originally posted by 23jam View Post
                          Renny very well said. Sometimes the total sounds so good. Then after you break it down it is depressing. To me the lesson is always try to look at the big picture, before you leep. It's hard to do at times, but its a lesson if learned the hardway it's not soon forgotten.
                          Renny Doyle
                          Attention To Details
                          www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');