• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing in the Cold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing in the Cold...

Hello,

Im asking this question b/c i am moving to a shop at the beginning of the year but i have to do the wet work (washing and claying) outside...is a garage a buddy built to do side tech jobs out of and i simply cant be hosing everything down...

Is it possible to wash and clay in near freezing conditions? i understand that after freezing its pointless but what about b4 that point?

I mean is warm water to wash with ok on cold paint and metal?

Can this be done?

Thanks!

Re: Detailing in the Cold...

Yes you can wash outside in near freezing conditions. Claying will be more difficult, though, because clay tends to get stiff in cold weather.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

claying i might be able to do inside being that its not a full on running stream of water haha...

i guess i will just have to toughen up so to speak haha!

Comment

Let me know how it works for you..I'm still waiting for it to warm up to freezing.
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunner1659 View Post
          claying i might be able to do inside being that its not a full on running stream of water haha...

i guess i will just have to toughen up so to speak haha!
          What are you using for clay lube? Water? It probably will not be an issue to clay inside if you are using a QD spray instead of water. I think QD will work better for you anyway.

Andy
          101impala
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I use DP 4 in 1 for clay lube and Pinnacle clay bar!

Comment

To help with the clay. Have a pail of warm water near buy and put the clay in there between sections. It should help it stay pliable.
              Scott

Comment

thanks BlueZero

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');