• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****** wax-scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****** wax-scam?

There is a company that claims to have ****** in their waxes and cleaners. does anyone know if it works?

my understanding is that ****** needs high heat (600 degrees+) to adhere, and unless it is heated, the ****** does nothing. obviously you cannot heat a car t hat temp without major problems

-nick
    Luck is probability taken personally!

Re: ****** wax-scam?

why did it bleep out the word t-e-f-l-o-n?

Comment

I think it is a copwrited kind of word, and a bit sensitive....

But yeah, its not going to do a whole lot for you. If yo uwant slick, try the UQD and new 2.0 waxes.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

My understanding is that word is copyrighted. As for slickness. The uqd, and any of the 2.0 versions will be a unbeatable combo imho.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

NXT 2.0 will sure give you GREAT results

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonBlack View Post
            why did it bleep out the word t-e-f-l-o-n?
            The generic term for it is PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene). The other name is a trademark of DuPont.
            AeroCleanse, LLC
            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              I think it is a copwrited kind of word, and a bit sensitive....
              And it's owned by a company with really deep pockets.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Many many moons ago...

The company who owns the patent on PTFE stated that it added no additional protection to car care products... This was published on a Q&A site run by the folks who own DTPE. Later, after that site was removed, the whole PTFE-added car care chemical line came out.

Either they reformulated (unlikely) or they realized that the market could be there because of brand recognition.

Whatever the reason, if I were you, I'd stick with the tried and true. In my eyes, it's a plain and simple 'consumer' gimmick (and yes, I've tried the product).

-RP-
                -The Final Detail-
                Lagrange, Kentucky
                thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Last we heard the trademarked polymer by DuPont doesn't work in liquid or paste formulas because you need to heat the polymer to 600 degrees in order to liquefy it, without this heat it will be in solid form.

Don't know if this is the exact reason but if you think about it for a moment it's primarily known as a coating for cooking pans and last time we checked cooking pans are designed to be heated to high temperatures and the coating doesn't liquefy and mix in with your eggs.

Besides that, the manufacture of this polymer, (DuPont), used to issue this statement on the topic, that is before they decided to bring out a line of car care products that claim to contain the ingredient.

The maker of ****** (DuPont) issued the following statement:

"The addition of a ****** fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of ****** is beneficial in car waxes."

Don't know if you can still find this statement on the DuPont website, it's probably been removed since the introduction of the products that supposedly contain this ingredient.

Big picture is this, it's affordable enough to buy it and try it and if you like it the use it, if it doesn't meet your expectations there's probably a customer satisfaction guarantee.

The old... find something you like idea...

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    And it's owned by a company with really deep pockets.
                    sorry about questioning the bleeping of the word, I didn't realize that there were 2 names (one with a TM and one without)

Comment

From what I heard the original ****** that was put into a car wax was not a liquid but a powder similar to graphite.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry A View Post
                        From what I heard the original ****** that was put into a car wax was not a liquid but a powder similar to graphite.
                        Could be, at least sounds possible. Just begs the question as to how it would stick to the paint and not just get wiped off with the rest of the residue when wax is wiped off after it has dried.

If the stuff really worked, as in if it were really the holy grail of the wax world seems like we'd see a lot more buzz about it but we don't. Even if it did make the surface so slick that eggs won't stick to the paint, there are many more dimensions that our type of customer is looking for in a wax or paint sealant, such as clarity, gloss, depth and shine.

Not saying these other products don't produce these kinds of results but just trying to point out there is more to making a great wax/paint sealant besides the addition of an ingredient that paints a picture in people's mind of the non-stick coating in their kitchen frying pan.

Some people really go for the idea though... one time we were in an auto parts store in our Meguiar's attire and there was this older gentleman looking up and down the waxes on the shelf in the wax section looking desperately for a "t**lon wax. We struck up a conversation with him and suggested that while the idea of a wax like this might be a good idea that in reality he might be happier using a quality cleaner/wax for what he was working on. (It was an older motorhome with oxidation), and he was dead set on finding a t**lon wax.

Knowing you can't change people's minds we left him to his search.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');