• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't be dumb like me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be dumb like me!

Hi folks,

I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but here I go nonetheless.

I've used Quik Wax many times before and found it to work as promised... quickly and easily. Then starting in the summer it became MUCH harder to remove... almost impossible. I had recently moved to the beach and my car now lives in a garage right next to the ocean. I thought perhaps this might have something to do with it. This happened the next couple of times that I quik waxed... rub rub rub..... hard to get off!

But then... DUMB ME... realized that all these times I had forgotten to shake the darn bottle!!!! Man do I feel like an idiot!

So folks... please remember to shake your quik wax first!

And now a question. Since I've used this bottle of quik wax three times without shaking it I've obviously sprayed out unshaken and unmixed stuff. Is the rest of my bottle now in the wrong proportions since I've sprayed out several portions of unmixed product? Should I just throw it out and get a new one?

Lynn

PS... It's good to be back. I haven't posted here in a while. I took up the mandolin and have been posting on a mandolin message board for a while.

Re: Don't be dumb like me!

Oh, it happens to everyone sometimes...

The occasional splatter is something I definately kick myself over.

Yeah I haven't seen your posts in a while. Did you register on the other forum?
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

You should be alright. Just shake it up next time.

Comment

If you have sprayed the whole car 3 times without shaking I would be leary of it being useful anymore. After you shake it up and do a test on a small area does it come off as you remember or is it still difficult? If it is difficult after shaking I would just toss it and get a new one. The minimal cost isn't worth it to try and continue using the existing one if it isn't performing properly.

Comment

Just thinking about this again. I agree, if it becomes difficult to work with, I'd ditch it.

Comment

heck, I bet even Joe at Superior Shine has done that.

ok, he probably hasn't, but it happens to the best of em

I appreciate the heads up. I could see doing that, so you probably saved me some trouble! thanks, and better luck

-nick
            Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Heck, I thought you were going to say sand was all over the car! Haha, woah!

I would shake it up then see how it does. If its still hard to get off, run over it for fun.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I would shake it up real good. Try a test spot. If it works great. If it does not toss it. Good luck.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLibby04 View Post
                  Heck, I thought you were going to say sand was all over the car! Haha, woah!
                  I thought the same thing, thought he was rubbing sand in this finish, glad this was not the case.

Comment

I would feel bad for you if it wasn't for this...

Originally posted by Tillmanator View Post
                    I had recently moved to the beach and my car now lives in a garage right next to the ocean.
                    Lucky!
                    Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');