• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT is the bomb!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NXT is the bomb!!

Jimmy,
    Today I ordered a polisher (G100) and a few accessories from the auto detailing website that you provided. Can't wait for a little warmer weather to try them out! Anyway, I have been looking for the NXT tech wax version 2.0 and I all I can find locally is apparently version 1.0. Is the only place to get version 2.0 on the Meguiar's online store? Thanks.

Jim
    '05 Ocean Mist Metallic Honda Odyssey EX-L
    '06 Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda Ridgeline RTS
    '98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (supercharged)

Comment

Originally posted by weatherman View Post
      Jimmy,
      Today I ordered a polisher (G100) and a few accessories from the auto detailing website that you provided. Can't wait for a little warmer weather to try them out! Anyway, I have been looking for the NXT tech wax version 2.0 and I all I can find locally is apparently version 1.0. Is the only place to get version 2.0 on the Meguiar's online store? Thanks.

Jim
      When you get your G100 remember that less is more, and don't worry harming your finish. Start with a test spot about 12x12 to check things out and if it looks goods to your eye then stop working on your wifes car and get to work on yours!

Check out the threads in The Dual Action Polisher forum which is full of lots of great information and have fun.

My ride with an NXT shine ! ! !
      ---
      Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Jimmy,

Jim
        Awesome Jim, very exciting isn't it? By virtue of learning more about detailing (as we all trip over each other to help one another here on MOL) and your sweet new G100, as you go and get great results with Meguiar's goodies, you'll have even more pride in your beautifully done car..that you yourself did!! But I warn you, you will get addicted
        As for NXT 2.0, I got mine last month from walmart in a special 7 piece kit, and the only places I'm aware of that have it available now is meguiars.com & ADS, but I don't think NXT 2.0 has made its full nationwide debut quite yet. Megs support reps would be able to answer this one for you. So, let us know when you meguiarize your ride Jim!

Comment

Originally posted by cv_soccer View Post
          When you get your G100 remember that less is more, and don't worry harming your finish. Start with a test spot about 12x12 to check things out and if it looks goods to your eye then stop working on your wifes car and get to work on yours!

Check out the threads in The Dual Action Polisher forum which is full of lots of great information and have fun.

My ride with an NXT shine ! ! !
          Beautiful shine cv_soccer!

Comment

Jimmy,

Jim
            Individual bottles NXT 2.0 is now being sold at Wal-Mart. I've heard of a few auto parts stores getting it in to but haven't seen any locally.

NXT 2.0 is the bomb!!!!!

Tic

Comment

I actually found one local walmart and auto parts that had like 1 in stock and others didn't, so it appears unlike last week the NXT wave is starting to quickly propogate Jim, and I'm gonna buy 'em out and stock up! Make some calls around before you go and hopefully you can have a smile on your face and that warm hydrophobic fuzzy feeling today as I will!

Comment

Yea, my walmart had an entire shelf of NXTv2. It was 14.xx but it wasnt in a box nor did it come with a pad like NXTv1 did.
                Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Jimmy,
                  I'm definitely getting the detailing bug! In addition to ordering the G100 polisher, I also ordered a couple of extra pads, a bottle of mirror glaze, a bottle of NXT 2.0, and I picked up a bottle of UQD and Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner at Advance Auto. Now all I have to do is wait for a day off with decent weather and temperatures >= 50 degrees. Can't wait!!!!!

Jim

Comment

Jimmy,
                    I'm definitely getting the detailing bug! In addition to ordering the G100 polisher, I also ordered a couple of extra pads, a bottle of mirror glaze, a bottle of NXT 2.0, and I picked up a bottle of UQD and Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner at Advance Auto. Now all I have to do is wait for a day off with decent weather and temperatures >= 50 degrees. Can't wait!!!!!

Jim
                    Wonderful stuff Jim, you're well on your way to a unprecedented finish! Sadly, the waiting part makes you nutty, when you got your products and the weather says you gotta wait! Wait a minute...your name is weatherman and there is nothing you can swing? Ah, the irony...the tragedy You'll be great Jim, good luck!

Comment

P.S. Jim, don't forget after NXT 2.0's application and 12-24 hrs curing period, to maintain every few days with additional UQD applications, as this is what I do over my entire car, and I wouldn't use anything else if I want to maintain, and extend NXT 2.0's hydrophobic abilities to their utmost maximum, alongside repeat NXT applications, of course, every so often when I re-detail my car. Gotta love that combo! So hoping that good weather comes your way and soon and post some pics and display your pride and joy!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Detailer View Post
                        P.S. Jim, don't forget after NXT 2.0's application and 12-24 hrs curing period, to maintain every few days with additional UQD applications, as this is what I do over my entire car, and I wouldn't use anything else if I want to maintain, and extend NXT 2.0's hydrophobic abilities to their utmost maximum, alongside repeat NXT applications, of course, every so often when I re-detail my car. Gotta love that combo! So hoping that good weather comes your way and soon and post some pics and display your pride and joy!

Yeah, you would think I would have a bit more control on the elements. Maybe if I change the forecast to dry and warmer it will change.

I wish that were true, then I would never be wrong.

I will post pics when that glorious day comes. Get your sunglasses ready!!

Jim

Comment

Looking forward to it and got them on

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');