• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel complications!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel complications!!

How do you clean out the interior drum of the wheel when the spokes are in the way? As seen in my avatar there are large holes for a brush to get into, but even maximizing every angle doesn't allow me to clean out everything.

I'm also thinking of buying new wheels, but am afraid of buying a set with a complicated design, such as multiple flat panels per spoke. How difficult are they to clean and maintain?

Re: Wheel complications!!

Reaching behind with a cloth is about the best you can do if you have a center that overlaps like that, without taking the wheel off.

If you want easy to clean, go with 5 spoke 17's... not much to clean there, and everything is wide open.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Like Murr said, about the only way is to reach in or take the wheel off.
      Scott

Comment

Can Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner sprayed between the spokes loosen that caked on grime inside the wheels?

Comment

Any of the wheel cleaners would loosen it a bit ,or desolve it a bit, (choose the one safe for your wheels of course), but I have never had good luck removing the all the dirt without some agitation.

Wheel Brightener might actualy remove it, but then you are getting up into acid based cleaners, and I dont need that.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Megs use to have a brush that was perfect for this but they discontinued it. There whole brush line was awesome, I love them all.

Cant do much besides take the wheels off and clean them.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Like it has been said already, about the only option youhave left is to take the wheels off. Then give them a complete detail. Even put a coat of your favorite lsp to finish the job.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');