• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone clean their pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How does everyone clean their pads?

I wash my pads by hand as well but instead of squishing them in the sink using my hands I use my grit guards. I start out with one grit guard in its normal position in the bucket and put in just enough water as to cover the grit guard and a little more than the thickness of one pad, then I add just a little APC+. I spray the pad to be cleaned with APC+ and let sit for a few minutes.
    Now I take my other grit guard and put it upside down in the bucket using it to squish and push the unwanted chemicals out of the pad. I do this for a minute or two and then put in fresh water to rinse using the same action.
    Not only does it allow you to put a good amount of force on the pad it also keeps them flat as not to wrinkle up the Velcro. I also use this same method to squeeze out the water before letting them air dry.
    Give it a try it works really well. Oh, and don’t forget to clean your bucket good afterward.

Comment

Re: How does everyone clean their pads?

I have 8 w8006, 8 w9006, and 1 W7006 that I use with my MF bonnets. While Mike does not recommend hand washing I do something close but I don’t' consider it hand washing.

Because I only have my car to be concerned about I can go a little overboard on this one but here we go. As I polish of apply the ‘wax’ when the pad gets saturated I attempt to clean it but if that fails I replace the pad with a fresh one, and toss the soiled one into a bucket with a solution of Simple Green and water. After I’m done I agitate the soiled pads in a up and down motion in the Single Green solution until all of the product is gone. I then transfer all of the ‘clean’ pads into a second bucket of clean water and agitate in the same up and down motion until they rinse clean. I then lay then out on a clean dry towel and let then air dry. My pads come out looking like brand new every time.

Ok I’m anal, but keeping my car looking it best is one of my many hobbies, and oh yes I then filter all of the water used and use it for other things around the house.

---
      Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');