• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need advice on an old '83 626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on an old '83 626

I'm planning on testing out NXT on my g/f's mazda... but the thing is, it's needs some prep work. It was bought as a used car so I don't know how well it was taken. for an 83 it looks good... but the paint is starting to blemish on the hood.

which wax do I need for prepping before NXT? I'm thinking maybe one of the paint cleaners to remove oxidation? Swirls didn't pop out at me too badly, though I can't remember.

as for claying... how long does a bar last? I have one from Zainobros.

Hi substance12,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I've worked on a couple Mazda's from this era. I think you would see great results from using either ScratchX or ColorX first, then apply two thin coats of the Tech Wax.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike. I'll have to inspect a little closer to see if the color needs more bringing out or the scratches need more fixing. How come you did not mention using the standard cleaner wax or speed glaze?

and how many sessions is a clay bar supposed to be used?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');