• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences?

I just went to my local Kragen and to my surprise I found a few Meg's Mirror Glaze products: #2, #26, #40, and #7. I was wondering what the differences are between say #2 and Deep system paint cleaner and #7 vs. the deep crystal polish? I'd like to try the Mirror Glaze products but if they do the same things as the consumer line I don't want to go and waste money for nothing.

Re: Differences?

Get some 40, 26, and 7. You won't be dissapointed and you'll definately never look back.
    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

#2 vs. DC1
      DC1 is more of a paint prep product and has an extremely mild cleaner.

#2 is meant for the removal of fine scratches and swirls. It's ranked a 5 on the abrasive scale.

The #7 vs. DC2 question comes up every now and then. There is a difference between them, but it also comes down to personal choice. I like #7, but DC2 is also very nice.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Every product is different. The question is if the difference benefits you.

#7 for instance has a lot of oils, more then DC#2. So it is a little different to work with, might take 2 or 3 tries to really get the hang of. For an average Joe, that is 2 or 3 times to many, they want the first time to be best, so DC#2 is better. If you want the best, #7 is the best, just undertand your first time might not be perfect.

#2 is going to be a bit more for a rotary.. working by G100, the 80/83 series products would tend to be better.

It all depends what you are doing really. Just the Deep Crystal Series is great by hand, or ScratchX for swirls, if that is what you are doing.

Hope that helps, or ask some more....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          Every product is different. The question is if the difference benefits you.

#7 for instance has a lot of oils, more then DC#2. So it is a little different to work with, might take 2 or 3 tries to really get the hang of. For an average Joe, that is 2 or 3 times to many, they want the first time to be best, so DC#2 is better. If you want the best, #7 is the best, just undertand your first time might not be perfect.

#2 is going to be a bit more for a rotary.. working by G100, the 80/83 series products would tend to be better.

It all depends what you are doing really. Just the Deep Crystal Series is great by hand, or ScratchX for swirls, if that is what you are doing.

Hope that helps, or ask some more....
          So the professional line is designed more for a PC/DA while the consumer line is leaning towards working by hand?

Comment

The consumer line features products that can be used by hand. These products do not have the potential of damaging the paint if used incorrectly.

I need to clarify something about #2. Yes, it is an older style cleaner originally designed to be used with a rotary. It has since been reformulated to work by hand, orbital, PC, and rotary. It also serves a purpose by filling in the gap between #83 and #80 in terms of aggressiveness. #2 works just as it should. Around here, it is more readily available than #80 and #83.

Just out of curiousity, have you used #2?
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');