• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Detailer

I've been cleaning my car properly: (using decent products and tools) for a few years now.

My Bi-monthly routine is usually like this:
    • Wash with NXT, Soft wash Gel or Gold Class
    • Dry with a Gold class waffle weave towel
    • Wax with Carnauba wax or NXT wax

Once every 2 months routine is:
    • Rinse
    • Wash with NXT, Soft wash Gel or Gold CLass
    • Dry with a Gold class waffle weave towel
    • Polish with Auto Glym super resin polish
    • Wax with Carnuaba or NXT

Twice a year I clay the car and use Megs Quick Detailing spray, I've notice quite a few people use this detail spray between waxes to keep their car looking nice (and it says you can do so on the packaging)

I'm always reluctant to do this on my car because around a week after waxing the car picks up dust (it sits in an underground car park most days). My question is; how clean does your car have to be so that you can use the quick detailer without introducing marring/scratches to the paintwork? E.g: Somtimes I might take it out in the rain and there may be small water spots left after, if these are present is it not advisable to use the Quick Detailing spray?

Thanks

Andy

Re: Quick Detailer

Hey Andy,

I think you should probably rewash the car if possible. When your vehicle is introdused to a wet environment, usually you will pick uop dirt and road grime which could cause scratches to your finish. Have you tried Meguiars new Ultimate quik detailer? G14422 "Ultimate Quik Detailer"

Hope this helps
    Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

As Mike Phillips has said, QD or UQD is to remove light dust, fingerprints and smudges. If it rains follow 101impala's advice and wash it so you don't induce swirls. I hope this helps!

Comment

I would not sustitute qd for a regular wash. Qd just as in between to remove fingerprints, smudges etc, light stuff. Its always better to wash it, if you are in doubt.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have my car in the garage all summer. When the dust collects on it I use a duster on it to get the dust off. After driving I come home and use final inspection or prior to driving it again. It doesn't see rain so it don't get real dirty. I usually give it a good cleaning and wax when I pull it out of storage. I got a G100 and want to try it on my other car first and see how I like it before I use it on the monte.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');