• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Pads To Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Pads To Use

I have an idea, but just wanted to double-check:

I'm using the G110 with ScratchX, Pure Polish, and NXT wax. I have a black Mercedes-Benz with some minor swirls, so I'm thinking the ScratchX will work with the DA polisher (read that it is similar to M82 in aggressiveness?). For minor swirls in black paint, will these consumer products be sufficient?

Also, what pads should I be using with the G110? I have a single W-8006 and going to get some more ... different series for the wax?

One final question: I have clayed, polished, and waxed this vehicle before by hand (could not remove the swirls). Do I need to do anything extra to remove anything in the effort to use the G110 and ScratchX, or simply just wash and start from the beginning?

Thanks for the tips!

Re: What Pads To Use

you should work with w800x and w900x only when using g110. Megs does not recommend more agresive pads like w700x.
    Clay is always be good idea.
    Polishing is an art!!

Comment

If they are minor swirls, I'd still grab my go to product, #80 Speed Glaze. It not only is great at removing swirls but it polishes the surface as well and therefore you can go right to your LSP. I'd recommend at least 2 8006 and 2 9006 pads...Apply the #80 with the 8006, your LSP with the 9006. I agree, don't skip the clay step if your inspection of the surface determines that you need it. Make sure you post pics when you're done !!
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Great!

I have the G110 ... got some M80 on the way with another W-8006 (I'll have two on hand), (2) W-9006, and some more adapters and things for headlight detailing.

I have so many Consumer products - whew - but I will certainly clay the car again, since its only had a once-over ... I'll be using the DA with M80 > M7 > and top with M26 this time (I have the Consumer NXT Tech 2.0 wax too - not sure which is better - I may alternate between waxings).

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');