• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Agressive with PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Agressive with PC

As i browse through meguiar's line...i was thinking of what is the MOST agressive product you can use with the PC?? Also does any use the 7006 pad with the PC before (not over a bonnet to remove wax)?? just wondering...

Re: Most Agressive with PC

The most you can do with a PC is with a Polishing Pad 8006 with #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish, Meguiar's does not recommend using the Red Cutting pad with the PC.

Read this.

PC + #83 not "Cutting" it! - The Limits of the Dual Action Polisher
    SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sydster View Post
      The most you can do with a PC is with a Polishing Pad 8006 with #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish, Meguiar's does not recommend using the Red Cutting pad with the PC.

Read this.

PC + #83 not "Cutting" it! - The Limits of the Dual Action Polisher
      I would also like to add that if the 7006 pad is used it may/will (depending on the paint) create marring and hazing that depending on your skill level you may not be able to return the fininsh to a clear haze free finish. So only go no more aggressive than 83 and a 8006 pad.

Andrew
      2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

The most aggressive product we recommend at this time is our M83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish with our W-8006 Polishing Pad.

If this combination of products doesn't work to get the defects out, the answer isn't to get more aggressive with your pad or chemical or both, but to switch to a more aggressive tool like the rotary buffer.

On other forums you're read the in-house gurus recommend using a cutting pad and while a cutting pad will remove paint faster, it tends to leave the paint scoured and hazy looking.

On this forum we don't teach people how to make paint look scoured and hazy.

For what it's worth, we've been doing this for a long time, longer than most especially when it comes to the dual action polisher. If the paint can be fixed or in other words the defects removed and the clarity and gloss restored using a DA polisher, we've ALWAYS been able to do using a W-8006 Polishing pad and one of our cleaner/polishes, we've never had to use a cutting pad.

Be wary of what you read on other forums about using cutting pads with a DA polisher, make sure the guy giving you the advice has been there and done that, not just posting what they've read. And make sure the person giving you the advice is talking about results they see on black paint, not white or silver paint. You see, if the person giving you advice on using a cutting pad is working on a light colored car then it's highly likely they can't see the scouring the cutting pad will do to a clear coat finish, so in their eyes, their results look good.

The true test is always on black paint.

Hope this helps...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks for all the advice here..i really appreciate it...what if you follow the agressive combo with a least agressive combo like 80 with 8006/9006...would that take the hazing or scouring out?? And yes I read this and watch the video at Autogeek. They used a LC orange cutting pad and follow up with a polishing pad to get a swirl free finish...

This is why I am asking..

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');