• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

swirl marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swirl marks

HI.need some advise.after washing car i notice more and more swirl marks I have a black 08 lexus.I already tryed two different types of microfiber towles a water magnet towel. Just ordered meguiars water magnet microfiber towel have not tryed new towel yet.I read on another site were this guy drys his car with stihl back pack blower he claims no swirl marks because no towels come in contact with his paint.

Re: swirl marks

Some paints scratch easier than others, not much you can do about the paint. It would be nice if car manufactures sprayed cars with paints that are user-friendly and easy to maintain and easy to work on, but that's not really the case.

Are you using a high lubricity car wash solution like Gold Class Car Wash? Besides a quality wash mitt you want a car wash soap that is slippery and slick and that's what you get with the Gold Class Car Wash soap.

As for drying, if your paint scratches easily then you might want to try a leaf blower, haven't used on myself but it does provide you a way to get water off the car without "touching" the paint, so that might help.

No matter how you dry the car, water will always wipe off easier if you have a good coat of wax on the paint. Have you waxed your new Lexus yet?

If not, go search out a bottle of NXT 2.0 and apply a couple of thin coats, remember how the paint looked before you applied the wax and then check out the results after the second coat, we think you'll be impressed and now water will wipe off easier.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Are you using the two bucket method?
      Do you have Grit Guard?

Another tip is when you begin the wash, use a lot of water, try getting those dirt particles away from the surface.

If you ordered some Meguiar's Wash Mitt then I suggest getting a high lubricity soap, Gold Glass is my choice, this will glide the mitt over the surface better. Also don't pass the mitt in the same spot over and over again, one or two passes should work

I've heard the leaf blower drying method and if your paint scratches easily then you could try it, less drag in the paint.

Good luck

Comment

hi mike thanks for your advice. I am using gold class car wash also a good sheep skin wash mitt. I think i will try leaf blower as for waxing just got my nxt 2.0 wax. the other day have not had time to try it yet. seems to be raining every other day on east coast. when weather clears i would like to wash ,polish then nxt wax 2.0 can't wait to see results.thank you.

Comment

I do use two bucket method.What is a grit guard francis.

Comment

Grit Guard is an insert that fits in the bottom of the bucket. The whole idea behind Grit Guard is to protect your surfaces from being scratched.

The idea is when you wash your mitt in the bucket the grit guard will hold the dirt in the bottom of the bucket not letting it to come back up and then getting in your wash mitt.

You can Google Grit Guard or go to ADS (auto detailing solutions) and buy this. It's very useful and I highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');