• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 Hitting my paint tomorrow! Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G110 Hitting my paint tomorrow! Questions!

Ok recap-- 90% done with 83... doesn't remove all swirls all the time (user error, weight i think). I'm getting much quicker and more effecient at it. The area I didn't do so hot in was horizontal, and I didn't focus on putting weight on it.

I am not drying out as much either. Consistant weight, and more product. I'm learning to tell when it is about to dry out as well to prevent pushing it further. What are the bad things about dry buffing? I'm assuming swirls?

My favorite thing--- 83 hide a lot of my bumper road rash!

Comment

Re: G110 Hitting my paint tomorrow! Questions!

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
      M83 is a really tricky product...I would lighten up a lot and work it longer to compensate for the lighter pressure. One more thing is to not do the X on the pad, put the product in a circle on the very out edge of the pad.

Couple things with the dry buff:
      1) Are you making sure to clean your pad on the fly? With M83 I would clean your pad after every pass, it is a very gummy product.
      2) What speed setting are you using? With M83, I tend to actually use a lower speed, less pressure and work much longer. Seems to work better for me.
      3) If your still having problems with the M83, try to do more passes with M80 if your more confident with that. While it may take longer, you wont get frustrated and maybe it will produce better results.

Ryan
      I'm cleaning every other pass

speed 5

Yeah I'm currently banking on 80 to finish out my swirls.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');