• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detailer bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailer bottles

I just bought a few detailer bouttles from ADS. I have a problem with them that is driving me crazy! When i have the trigger sprayer on the bottle and turn it upside down or if its full squeeze it, the bottle leakes. If i have the cap on the bottle it doesent do this. I was wondering if any of you pros had any ideas on how to stop this.
    thanks

Re: detailer bottles

Curious what you need to turn the bottles up side down for?

There is a thread somewhere about this. Let me see if I can find it for you.

Comment

I keep coming back to this one, but there really isn't an answer there.

We encourage MOL members to post reviews on any of Meguiar's Professional Mirror Glaze or Detailer Lines

Comment

I've noticed this before with some of my bottles. I can't remember which ones, but it is rather annoying, as if it's full and I need to turn it somewhat sideways, it leaks. At least it doesn't leak very badly, though.
        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by mitoman212 View Post
          I just bought a few detailer bouttles from ADS. I have a problem with them that is driving me crazy! When i have the trigger sprayer on the bottle and turn it upside down or if its full squeeze it, the bottle leakes. If i have the cap on the bottle it doesent do this. I was wondering if any of you pros had any ideas on how to stop this.
          thanks

Did you ask the source ADS about this ?
          WrightDetail
          The Wright Way
          2007 Chevy HHR
          2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Ive never noticed any of my detailer line bottles leaking.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by WrightDetail View Post
              Did you ask the source ADS about this ?
              There have been problems in the past. Ultimately though, it is the Meguiar's product having the problem, not the dealer. Sounds like a rubber washer may be missing from the sprayer, which could be from either place during shipping, etc.

Knock on whatever keeps it this way, none of mine have leaked (that I remember anyways).

Comment

i have like 10 sprayers and all of them leak

Comment

They must "leak" in order to work. There is a small groove for air to pass up inside the sprayer. Most of the surface seals on the face of the bottle, but the groove is there to interrupt.

When you spray product out, air must be drawn in to replace it. Without doing so, you would wind up with a bottle that won't dispense at some point.

I made some rubber washers and put them in between the cap and bottle. It works well, but you need to unscrew the cap once in a while to let air in. Kind of annoying so I pulled 'em out.
                  It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

ohh makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by mckeand13 View Post
                      They must "leak" in order to work. There is a small groove for air to pass up inside the sprayer. Most of the surface seals on the face of the bottle, but the groove is there to interrupt.

When you spray product out, air must be drawn in to replace it. Without doing so, you would wind up with a bottle that won't dispense at some point.

I made some rubber washers and put them in between the cap and bottle. It works well, but you need to unscrew the cap once in a while to let air in. Kind of annoying so I pulled 'em out.
                      I've never tipped my bottles (don't know why you would need to), so I've never had a leak. This makes sense though.

Basically, keep the liquid off of the neck?

Comment

What are the products you are using ? Thanks
                        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mckeand13 View Post

Exactly........

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                          I've never tipped my bottles (don't know why you would need to), so I've never had a leak. This makes sense though.

Basically, keep the liquid off of the neck?
                          I'm with Tyler... I don't know why you need to tip'em over....

You almost have to try to make mine leak... like holding them upside down for a few seconds. If they are leaking a lot just from barely tipping them to the side, I would suggest somethings wrong.

Comment

ohh makes sense
                            Yea it does until I think about the other brand bottles that I have don't leak
                            Black Bart

Comment

The only problem I had with the detailer bottles was with the trim detailer presure cans. I used it once and put it in my case of goodies and went to use it on the next job and all my goodies were gooey and it has been going on with all of them and it is really hard to return all of them since I bought 15 cans The people at the store look at me like I am trying to get over on them........

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');