• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Quickly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Quickly!

My wife is working this weekend so I decided to try and get the scratches out of my paint. I'm working on a 2007 BLACK Silverado. I tested on my tailgate this morning and found that 2 passes of 82 on an 8006 was doing the trick. Tailgate came out good though not perfect (probably due to me still learning). Moved to the hood with no problems.

I have now started the side of the truck and after 2 passes am seeing micro marring. I have a bottle of Scratch and a bottle of 80. Will one of these two work for removing the micro scars?

Also, I have run out of 8006 pads. My three are currently drying. Anyway to speed up the drying process (i.e., hair dryer)?

Re: Help Quickly!

#80 on a W8006 pad should do the trick. Did you use three different pads with the same product? If so there is no need to do this. Do a forum search for "cleaning your pads on the fly". I wouldn't use a hair dryer on the pads in order to dry them, I would be fearful that the heat from the hair dryer would loosen the velcro backing. Just use a towel and get them as dry as you can and then let them air dry. In the meantime you could try scratch-x by hand with passion behind the pad and see if you can remove some of the micro-marring. Can you post a picture of your issue?

Let us know how you make out.

Hope this helps
    Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I use #82 with a 9006 pad to remove my micro marring from #80 with a 8006 pad. You may want to try #82 with a 9006 pad.

Dan

Comment

Imp, I did try all three this morning and therefore used all three pads. Purchase forthcoming.

Capt, That did the trick. Not perfect but a whole lot closer than I was. I thought about that earlier but wasn't sure it would work. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');